Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much milk do you drink per day ?... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eradicus)
    Is it really?
    Yeah, apparently humans aren't actually meant to drink cow's milk. I pay that no heed as it's so damn delicious, though. It's supposed to stimulate mucus production and trigger eczema outbreaks and asthma attacks in sufferers. Plus, it has a lot of fat - I keep to the low-fat stuff.

ReputationRep:
    She saw my combover, her hourglass body...

Sorry that lyric just came into my head...I never drink milk other than in cereal or sometimes with crumble

ReputationRep:
    Four pints of full fat until recently.

ReputationRep:
    Too many people overemphasise the milk thing for gaining weight. Milk is good but slightly overrated, in terms of "get l0ads of kcals = mass". For most, excess milk will just get you fat.

Example: Diet 1: 2x meals with complex carbs, good protein source and essential fats, and possibly some veg, with a gallon of milk spread about the day.

Diet 2: 4-5x meals with complex carbs, good protein source and essential fats and some good veg, some decent snacks aswell like peanut butter on toast, nuts and fruit, blah blah blah, with maybe a pint or so milk spread about the day.

Which diet do you think is better? If in doubt, don't be lazy and just binge on milk all the time and call it a "meal" coz I iz bulking. Instead, get more food down you. Milk is awesome and has it's place, but endless pints instead of proper meals is just daft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    Too many people overemphasise the milk thing for gaining weight. Milk is good but slightly overrated, in terms of "get l0ads of kcals = mass". For most, excess milk will just get you fat.

Example: Diet 1: 2x meals with complex carbs, good protein source and essential fats, and possibly some veg, with a gallon of milk spread about the day.

Diet 2: 4-5x meals with complex carbs, good protein source and essential fats and some good veg, some decent snacks aswell like peanut butter on toast, nuts and fruit, blah blah blah, with maybe a pint or so milk spread about the day.

Which diet do you think is better? If in doubt, don't be lazy and just binge on milk all the time and call it a "meal" coz I iz bulking. Instead, get more food down you. Milk is awesome and has it's place, but endless pints instead of proper meals is just daft.
    I like endless pints AND proper meals.

ReputationRep:
    WHY DRINK MILK
    when you can have lager with cerial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I like endless pints AND proper meals.
    I knew someone would say that

At the end of the day, endless meals and a GOMAD, that's hella lotta calories, I think i'd pop

ReputationRep:
    Breast milk?
    Or bottled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Moo129)
    Alot.

It just happens to be in Tea
    Like this, but in a bowl and with Clusters in.

So not like that, really.

ReputationRep:
    Around four to five pints a day of semi-skimmed or skimmed. Not sure I'm going to be able to keep that up at uni though.

ReputationRep:
    yikes, i just drank a whole bottle of cookie dough flavour frijj :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **** Valentine)
    Like this, but in a bowl and with Clusters in.

So not like that, really.
    :rock: :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    WHY DRINK MILK
    when you can have lager with cerial
    Good idea but not as good as cereals in vodka :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gelvis)
    Good idea but not as good as cereals in vodka :borat:
    i bow to you :yes:

i never tried it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eradicus)
    Good lord. Soy milk is almost a crime against nature.

Is this some weird diet? please tell me it is, as I cant believe anyone likes the taste of soy milk!
    I get ill if I eat too much dairy, and it makes my skin flare up. I don't drink soy milk straight - it goes in my oatmeal and into muffins etc. It's not a weird diet at all, it's one that makes good sense for many reasons.

Too much dairy is bad for a person in any case. It's perfectly possible to have a balanced dairy free diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    i bow to you :yes:

i never tried it
    Well it's not a kind of meal that is suitable for a candle light romantic dinner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)
    2-3 pints a day, semi skimmed
    Wow....thats a lot!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does the milk i have in my hot chocolate count??? - other than that i have none!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gelvis)
    Well it's not a kind of meal that is suitable for a candle light romantic dinner
    lol haha, i'm sure it cant be the case.
    but it could be a very nice, and fullfilling meal before a night out :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    1.5 Litre - Semi-skimmed. :yes: Drinking it pure, on breakfast and with tea and coffee.

I don't know what I would do without it.... :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.