Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much milk do you drink per day ?... Watch

ReputationRep:
    lol why the beep do people just go buy milk and drink it like it some kinda drink. I only have milk when I have tea or breakfast. Some grown up people just drink it like they are a baby that needs milk lol, I know its good tho, its better than drinking pepsi, or coke tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam854)
    i dont think thats too bad i know some people who have similar amounts, and iv always had a lot since i was small, have milk with meals instead or water or coke or whatever

dont think theres anything wroung with have 4+ pints, theres alot of good stuff in milk.
    upper recommended limit is 2500mg a day (i.e. da max). 1 pint has ~750mg of calcium.

4 pints has ~3000mg of calcium.

in the short term this shouldn't be a problem but in the long term calcium overdoses can lead to kidney stones (amongst other less painful ailments).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Best profile page ever.
    your sig is actually making me salivate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RangerX)
    lol why the beep do people just go buy milk and drink it like it some kinda drink. I only have milk when I have tea or breakfast. Some grown up people just drink it like they are a baby that needs milk lol, I know its good tho, its better than drinking pepsi, or coke tbh
    Rip:

Baby mammals drink milk, and you sir, are a baby mammal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Bad for acne ?. I've been drinking milk for years , the same amount. And I haven't got one spot !.
    Milk is produced by a cow(duh!), and the purpose of the milk is too make the calf grow. Not only that, but often the cow will be pregnant.

For this reason, the milk contains hormones. These milk hormones can "turn on" oil glands, associated with spots. Milk contains progesterone, and conveniently, the enzymes used to convert this into DHT(the hormone that causes acne) are found in the glands themselves.

For this reason, milk and other dairy products cause acne.
    There are also other plausable hypothesise as to how milk causes acne. One is the IGF-1 in milk causing sebum productions. Anther is the high levels of Iodine in some milk.

Of course, as you prove, this is not always the case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)
    upper recommended limit is 2500mg a day (i.e. da max). 1 pint has ~750mg of calcium.

in the short term this shouldn't be a problem but in the long term calcium overdoses can lead to kidney stones (amongst other less painful ailments).
    Nobody... NODOBY does GOMAD long term.

ReputationRep:
    I drink about 4 pints, I know someone who drinks over a gallon a day, although he is 224lbs and built like an Apache Gunship.

ReputationRep:

o wow thank you very much for the interesting info. i doubt ill change my dietary habits
    but thank you all the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Nobody... NODOBY does GOMAD long term.
    if they did i'd suggest they had.... gone mad. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Rip:

Baby mammals drink milk, and you sir, are a baby mammal.
    yeah, whatever!

I went down to the beach and saw Kiki
    She was, like, all "ehhhh"
    And I was, like, "whatever!"

ReputationRep:
    if they did i'd suggest they had.... gone mad. :awesome:
    Touché.

Oh, and... **** dieticians.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, whatever!

I went down to the beach and saw Kiki
    She was, like, all "ehhhh"
    And I was, like, "whatever!"
    United States of...

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have a pint of full fat milk everyday and semi with my Weetabix for breakfast and when not having Weetabix for breakfast i have a glass of semi in the morning. So altogether about 700ml.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    United States of...

:confused:
    Milk

ReputationRep:
    None except for in cereal I only drink water.

ReputationRep:
    Milk
    You failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You failed.
    I'm like whatever!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    About a pint

ReputationRep:
    I used to drink it ALL the time, easily a bottle a day...But then my mum started buying the green top one and i cant stand it =P It tastes like someones added water... Full fat ftw

So now i drink it rarely...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.