Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It would eventually grow back thicker, which is what I'm guessing you want?

ReputationRep:
    I'll swap you

ReputationRep:
    It will probably grow back stubbly and darker, but there won't be MORE of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    I'm probably worse.

What god would make a sixteen year old shave daily :dry:
    I feel your pain

Try twice daily now THAT sucks :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get rid of your arm pit hair then you should wax it. It doesn't hurt (I am a wimp, and whinge when I get my legs waxed lol)

ReputationRep:
    Totally :yep:

OP, don't shave! Worse comes to worst, trim it with scissors or an electric hair trimmer, but no shaving! Shaving makes things thicker.
    I think that's what he wants though? Unless I've totally read this wrong.

(Original post by neillya1)
    I feel your pain

Try twice daily now THAT sucks :yes:
    Holy sh- the five o clock shadow that bad? :shock:

(Original post by Clements-)
    I think that's what he wants though? Unless I've totally read this wrong.
    Well, i'm trying to dissuade him from it .. normal underarm hair is annoying enough, i'd hate to see what stubbly underarm hair is like!

ReputationRep:
    Holy sh- the five o clock shadow that bad? :shock:

If I'm going out, yes

Shave in the morning before college, shave again before tea if I'm off out.....

Edit: It's probably because I HATE facial hair though, so I'm really picky

ReputationRep:
    if your gonna shave anything the just shave your head like me!! the chicks proper dig it like

If I'm going out, yes

Shave in the morning before college, shave again before tea if I'm off out.....

Edit: It's probably because I HATE facial hair though, so I'm really picky
    Hmm well, to be honest i ought to do that too, but i can't be bothered to shave twice. I'd rather look slightly tired than have to spend ten minutes shaving again! :p:

Yeah i don't like facial hair either ... shaving it after 3-4 days is really annoying because they've become proper hairs and you keep pulling them off with the razor and argh

ReputationRep:
    leave it out

ReputationRep:
    Don't shave.

ReputationRep:
    Shave shave shave shave shave!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well, to be honest i ought to do that too, but i can't be bothered to shave twice. I'd rather look slightly tired than have to spend ten minutes shaving again! :p:

Yeah i don't like facial hair either ... shaving it after 3-4 days is really annoying because they've become proper hairs and you keep pulling them off with the razor and argh

Takes about 5 minutes for me at night, I use an electric shaver then much MUCH quikcer!

Takes about 5 minutes for me at night, I use an electric shaver then much MUCH quikcer!
    It might be for you, but it takes me about ten minutes either way, and using a razor is a not easier; with the electric one i have to go over the same spot many times but with the razor a couple of sweeps and it's gone

ReputationRep:
    girls-yes
    boys-no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    Well if you want silky smooth underarms then go for it
    :rofl:

OP, just be a man and leave it as it is. :yes:

Shaving will make the hair come out thick and stubbly and then you'll be stuck having to shave it for life (or a very long time at least).

ReputationRep:
    Wear extensions

ReputationRep:
    Totally :yep:

OP, don't shave! Worse comes to worst, trim it with scissors or an electric hair trimmer, but no shaving! Shaving makes things thicker.
    Myth.

(Original post by Em_maK)
    Myth.
    Fact!

When i use an electric razor over a period of days or weeks, my hair becomes a lot thinner and less stubbly. When i use a normal razor over a period of days or weeks, it instantly becomes thicker.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.