Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by JC.)
    I didn't realise it was a pissing contest? :rolleyes:

If you shave every day instead of ignoring it for weeks 'till you look like an animal, it wont make a difference.
    A pissing contest?

I'm just saying that it's a far bigger PITA for me as a brown guy to shave daily than it is for you as a white guy, because brown people have thicker and stubblier hair Not exactly uncommon knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    do what you want, what a weird question to ask

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same as you OP , I have like three hairs under each arm and I'm 18.

I wouldn't shave whatever you do have though because that small stubble you'll get afterwards will just look ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Dont! Why would you shave it? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    A pissing contest?

I'm just saying that it's a far bigger PITA for me as a brown guy to shave daily than it is for you as a white guy, because brown people have thicker and stubblier hair Not exactly uncommon knowledge.
    So buy a propper razor and learn to use it. Won't be so much of a hardship, then. Not that it is a hardship anyway...

I have one of these:

http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/s...razor-3800.php

Although, If i'm honest, if I had the money, I'd splash out on a Razor by Dovo. Dovo are the best money can buy.
    http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/s...zor-101481.php

(Original post by JC.)
    So buy a propper razor and learn to use it. Won't be so much of a hardship, then. Not that it is a hardship anyway...

I have one of these:

http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/s...razor-3800.php
    Uhuh, that's what i've started doing. Well, i've gotten a better shaving gel and stopped using an electric rather than a murderous knife though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Uhuh, that's what i've started doing. Well, i've gotten a better shaving gel and stopped using an electric rather than a murderous knife though :p:
    Electrics are crap. You NEVER get a close shave since you are always left with hair the length of the protective grille.

An open razor is the only type of razor that can offer a genuinely close, easy shave. Better still, they last a lifetime.
    Or.... until you drop it

ReputationRep:
    I shave my armpits occasionally tbh...

I find it unhygenic, especially in summer. It is bacteria which causes body odor, and an armpit with hair has upto 20x Increased surface area for bacteria to fester than an armpit with no hair.

I have a full set of armpit hair though lol.

ReputationRep:
    No.

(Original post by JC.)
    Electrics are crap. You NEVER get a close shave since you are always left with hair the length of the protective grille.

An open razor is the only type of razor that can offer a genuinely close, easy shave. Better still, they last a lifetime.
    Or.... until you drop it
    Well, i have yet to invest in anything greater than a two blade disposable! :p: But even that's much less bothersome than using an electric.

Dude, i'm never gonna use a single blade. You could quite easily kill yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Well, i have yet to invest in anything greater than a two blade disposable! :p: But even that's much less bothersome than using an electric.

Dude, i'm never gonna use a single blade. You could quite easily kill yourself!
    ive been using one nearly 10 years now and im ok... :cool:

(Original post by JC.)
    ive been using one nearly 10 years now and im ok... :cool:
    Even so, somebody walking into you by mistake = dead.

ReputationRep:
    Even so, somebody walking into you by mistake = dead.
    Utter nonsense.

(Original post by JC.)
    Utter nonsense.
    Are you suggesting that if you shaving your neck and somebody shoves your arm there's no chance you can slice your neck?

ReputationRep:
    don't do it..!

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably worse.

What god would make a sixteen year old shave daily :dry:
    I'm 16 and I shave daily as well. I'm also Indian. Why do us Indians have to be so darn hairy?!

(Original post by CocoPop)
    I'm 16 and I shave daily as well. I'm also Indian. Why do us Indians have to be so darn hairy?!
    I know, it's a massive pain in the ass. These white folk don't know how lucky they are.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:
    Don't shave it off

ReputationRep:
    I know, it's a massive pain in the ass. These white folk don't know how lucky they are.
    Yeah, people sometimes tell me they wish they had my beard, but then with my beard comes the full body hair package... Which is the most annoying thing!

Ugh, I'm too lazy to shave :P

(Original post by CocoPop)
    Yeah, people sometimes tell me they wish they had my beard, but then with my beard comes the full body hair package... Which is the most annoying thing!

Ugh, I'm too lazy to shave :P
    Lol, exactly!

Well, except the too lazy to shave part. I'm very well groomed

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.