Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I regret staying onto my school's sixth form now... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucozadeMan)
    I just realised that most of the people from secondary school are going to be there. I want to meet new people and go somewhere totally different, instead of seeing the same people and teachers again. I know that there are going to be some externals but not that many.

First time poster, long time lurker, so be gentle
    I stayed on at my school sixth form, and I'm glad I did.

Even though there were so many of us staying, we were throw into completely different classes, we had frees with people that we wouldn't usually have talked to. Our year has bonded so much more, than in Year 7 or any other year. The new people were also really cool too and we've welcomed them with open arms. Year 12 has been such a great year! :yep:

Another advantage of staying is that I've been made a senior prefect. It might sound trivial, but if you've been there longer, you may get preference and just think your teachers will have known you for ages and they will give you a brilliant reference for UCAS.

I say you try it :yep:. It may be much better than you think.

ReputationRep:
    damn, I posted the link to my school and sixth form like 10 minutes ago but then it said something about a moderator wanting to read it or something. it said it would be posted in a few minutes but looks like it's not posted yet :/

I don't think my school is good but who does? haha. some of my teachers couldn't even teach properly, especially science and french. French I probably failed along with the rest of my class.

Lucozade is good, I used to start off every morning with a bottle of it. It made me :woo: every day =D
    Oh, and whats the name of your school, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, I had the BEST science teacher in the world! But my english teacher was complete and utter crap, I think I've failed english because of her! PSE teacher was crap too...

WOO HOO! High 5 for Lucozade! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by =) =) =))
    Oh, and whats the name of your school, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, I had the BEST science teacher in the world! But my english teacher was complete and utter crap, I think I've failed english because of her! PSE teacher was crap too...

WOO HOO! High 5 for Lucozade! :cool:
    St. Bonaventures, it's in London.

we didn't have PSE, we only had RE...we had to do it. but tbh, it wasn't that bad, you get into it. my RE teacher was the best teacher though, especially since the same teacher has been with us for 5 years. English was meh.

hmm...at least I feel more confident with sixth form now due to what other people have been saying how do you feel?

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I would've decided on another place would be in order to meet new people, but in all likelihood they'd have all been tosspots anyway, and I can't be bothered to get a bus just so I can hang around with a different set of gimps

ReputationRep:
    St. Bonaventures, it's in London.

we didn't have PSE, we only had RE...we had to do it. but tbh, it wasn't that bad, you get into it. my RE teacher was the best teacher though, especially since the same teacher has been with us for 5 years. English was meh.

hmm...at least I feel more confident with sixth form now due to what other people have been saying how do you feel?
    I'm pretty sure it's not in North London, because that's where I live :P

RE, yeah, we had it too, our teacher was good, and it's not a bad subject, so I liked it.

Well, I'm quite happy now, because I feel like I've made the right choice, and even if I get bored of being in the same school for 7 years, I'll be able to meet other people in my further maths lesson (I'm doing further maths, and people from different schools get together and are taught)! And also, I get to feel superior to all the other people who'd just joined the school and know nothing about it!

ReputationRep:
    this sums me up too. but i'm just gonna have to lump it now and put up with the oldies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.