Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super-emily)
    YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

:jumphug:
    It makes it so much less horrible, doesn't it? I'm starting to think of that lecture as a special occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archly)
    It makes it so much less horrible, doesn't it? I'm starting to think of that lecture as a special occasion.
    it can be a party! We can bring cakes, and cushions, and rugs, and flasks to keep us going past the two hour mark...I'm kind of looking forward to it now :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    it can be a party! We can bring cakes, and cushions, and rugs, and flasks to keep us going past the two hour mark...I'm kind of looking forward to it now :teeth:
    I just realised this was an English-related conversation, so I get to join the party too! Then afterwards we should all get drunk. Naturally :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaner)
    I just realised this was an English-related conversation, so I get to join the party too! Then afterwards we should all get drunk. Naturally :yep:
    :yep: natch. Are you in the same seminar group then? Or are you going to sneak in for the lecture-party-madness? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I will happily bake cakes in aid of this.

:yep: natch. Are you in the same seminar group then? Or are you going to sneak in for the lecture-party-madness? :woo:
    Everyone's in the same lectures for this module. It's just the seminars that are different. All English students will enjoy the 2hr45min party lecture. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I will happily bake cakes in aid of this.
    thank goodness, because I cannot bake. Or cook. :no:

Everyone's in the same lectures for this module. It's just the seminars that are different. All English students will enjoy the 2hr45min party lecture. :yes:
    you're so knowledgable! From where do you gain this knowledge???

ReputationRep:
    you're so knowledgable! From where do you gain this knowledge???
    Most of this stuff was mentioned in the firmer's thread & the timetable thread but I've also read all about the department's assessment methods and all sorts of crazy stuff. :yes: I like to do my research thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    Most of this stuff was mentioned in the firmer's thread & the timetable thread but I've also read all about the department's assessment methods and all sorts of crazy stuff. :yes: I like to do my research thoroughly.
    you are so wise! I need people like you to tell me what's going on!

ReputationRep:
    I can see how looking at the assessment method might be useful.

AND I TAKE IT ALL BACK ABOUT THE CRITICISM. I tried to read the Sidney essay yesterday and it sent me to sleep. I'm the sort of person who can't nap during the day, and yet I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Granted, it might have had more to do with getting a poor night's sleep previously and being out on my bike for two-and-a-quarter hours, including many hills, BUT I like to think it was the essay.

I keep reading Halifax as Fairfax and getting my hopes up. Keeping my fingers crossed there'll be at least one other English student out on the same limb as me.

ReputationRep:
    it can be a party! We can bring cakes, and cushions, and rugs, and flasks to keep us going past the two hour mark...I'm kind of looking forward to it now
    I ALWAYS have coffee and tea in plentiful supply. Plus, I make some damn good cookies. This is going to be awesome...

I've only got one 9.15 start. Is this normal? Does everyone else have Thursday off? And who else has toddy? (Thomas O Donnell)? :] Getting so excited now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (parentheses)
    I ALWAYS have coffee and tea in plentiful supply. Plus, I make some damn good cookies. This is going to be awesome...

I've only got one 9.15 start. Is this normal? Does everyone else have Thursday off? And who else has toddy? (Thomas O Donnell)? :] Getting so excited now!
    Ah man! I have four 9:15 starts! But heah Thursdays off :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (parentheses)

Normal, yes. Lucky, yes. I'm in at 9:15 the first three days of the week, and 10:15 on Fridays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaiteafairy)
    I can see how looking at the assessment method might be useful.

AND I TAKE IT ALL BACK ABOUT THE CRITICISM. I tried to read the Sidney essay yesterday and it sent me to sleep. I'm the sort of person who can't nap during the day, and yet I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Granted, it might have had more to do with getting a poor night's sleep previously and being out on my bike for two-and-a-quarter hours, including many hills, BUT I like to think it was the essay.

I keep reading Halifax as Fairfax and getting my hopes up. Keeping my fingers crossed there'll be at least one other English student out on the same limb as me.
    ...Oh god. I haven't attempted to read any of them yet, I'm going to start them once I'm done with Beckett. I've read Shelley's Defence of Poetry already but the prospect of all this criticism is scaring me somewhat.

I've barely read any of the short stories at all. Can't bring myself to. Everything else is done, though. I probably need to re-read Mrs Dalloway to make sure I took it all in properly in the midst of my hatred for it, but ehhhh.

I'm so distracted from my reading list right now because I was given a ton of novels the other day, and I pre-ordered a book in paperback from Amazon ageesss ago which is due to come soon. Buying things for freshers' week and my room is getting in the way of my reading too.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! Look, I know evryone's found out their supervisor's name but how in the hell have you all found out what group you're in??? On my evision there doesn't seem to be that info.
    Someone HELP me, I'm chewing my hands until you reply, and we all know how difficult it is to turn a page with no hands..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jeramis)
    Hey there! Look, I know evryone's found out their supervisor's name but how in the hell have you all found out what group you're in??? On my evision there doesn't seem to be that info.
    Someone HELP me, I'm chewing my hands until you reply, and we all know how difficult it is to turn a page with no hands..
    Have a look on your timetable

ReputationRep:
    on your evision, top right hand corner, 'term 1 timetable'

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    @Rainbow - Hey you. Well, at least you're reading something? I've been doing sweet fanny adams and growing increasingly guilty over it. I used to read a lot when I was smaller, and I enjoy it when I get started; it's just the, you know, motivation to get started. Stupid mental stumbling blocks.

And then I kick myself for being melodramatic.

Actually, I think listening to Dirk Gently repeatedly has made me pick up his bad habits... Away I muse.

The Beckett plays are alright - I've read all the ones we're supposed to, and am slowly dipping into the others. I read that essay as well, and shoved it under my Dad's nose. His response was: "I don't blame you if you drop out."

...Don't look at me Jeramis, I wasn't even aware we have groups. I've got my timetable (and as soon as I locate some printer paper, will print!)

ReputationRep:
    on your evision, top right hand corner, 'term 1 timetable'

:yep:
    I've got nothing! It says "my modules" but that's it! Then when I click on view them there's nothing about timetables.. waah!
    I've found the MASSIVE timetable thing on the timetable website, but that's no use until I've got the group number... Do you actually have a link that says timetable in evision?
    Thanks for helping me with this- paranoia and colds make a lonely mix.. xx

ReputationRep:
    I've got nothing! It says "my modules" but that's it! Then when I click on view them there's nothing about timetables.. waah!
    I've found the MASSIVE timetable thing on the timetable website, but that's no use until I've got the group number... Do you actually have a link that says timetable in evision?
    Thanks for helping me with this- paranoia and colds make a lonely mix.. xx
    Yes, there's normally a link there. Mine disappeared for a while today though so maybe that's what's happened to you. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The link to my timetable appears to have disappeared as well. Odd. :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.