Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super-emily)
    ohhh, I'm going to look....

Edit:

Arg I've looked and I'm not group 9 like I thought!!?!?! Why did I think that! I'm group 3! My whole outlook on life has changed.....:cry:
    I'm not happy with mine either. I checked the central timetables & ALL my contact time is on Tuesday & Friday. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archly)
    I'm not happy with mine either. I checked the central timetables & ALL my contact time is on Tuesday & Friday. :bawling:
    I know that some people couldn't get to their timetable, but now mine's gone - it was there last night! do you have the link to the main one, I have no idea how to get to that!

ReputationRep:
    I know that some people couldn't get to their timetable, but now mine's gone - it was there last night! do you have the link to the main one, I have no idea how to get to that!
    Tada! You have to select the lit department & then Autumn weeks 2-10 and then you get this enormous timetable with everything on. It's really hard to work out what times & even days your stuff's on but it is doable. Might be an idea to check your sem tutor's timetable instead, actually. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Tada! You have to select the lit department & then Autumn weeks 2-10 and then you get this enormous timetable with everything on. It's really hard to work out what times & even days your stuff's on but it is doable. Might be an idea to check your sem tutor's timetable instead, actually. :yes:
    thank you! so confused though - how many seminars do you have in your week? I have three, is that right?

ReputationRep:
    thank you! so confused though - how many seminars do you have in your week? I have three, is that right?
    I think you're only meant to have two. Your seminar tutor takes two groups though so make sure you're only looking at group 3 not the group 4 ones, too. (P.S. I like your uni email address. It's really cute. :giggle:)

ReputationRep:
    I think you're only meant to have two. Your seminar tutor takes two groups though so make sure you're only looking at group 3 not the group 4 ones, too. (P.S. I like your uni email address. It's really cute. :giggle:)
    that's weird....I have two with my tutor, Dr Kevin (love that name), and then one with a completely different guy! Do you think that's a mistake? arg so confusing!

(yeah it is cute isn't it! I guess it's just my initials, but it works for me! But without sounding like I'm accusing you of being a stalker :rolleyes: how do you know that????)

ReputationRep:
    that's weird....I have two with my tutor, Dr Kevin (love that name), and then one with a completely different guy! Do you think that's a mistake? arg so confusing!

(yeah it is cute isn't it! I guess it's just my initials, but it works for me! But without sounding like I'm accusing you of being a stalker :rolleyes: how do you know that????)
    Oh, that's weeeird. I'd guess it's a mistake. What're you looking at? I like the name Kevin. It was the name of my brother's childhood cat.

(It's on the Approaches Teaching Groups excel spreadsheet. It has everyone on it and contains their subject(s) / first name / last name / email code. You are the only Emily in your sem group. :yes:)

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's weeeird. I'd guess it's a mistake. What're you looking at? I like the name Kevin. It was the name of my brother's childhood cat.

(It's on the Approaches Teaching Groups excel spreadsheet. It has everyone on it and contains their subject(s) / first name / last name / email code. You are the only Emily in your sem group. :yes:)
    you = :holmes:

if you don't mind me asking, who are you in the real world?

ReputationRep:
    you = :holmes:

if you don't mind me asking, who are you in the real world?
    I'm horribly inquisitive. I only looked at your sem group to see who your tutor was but I couldn't help seeing who you must be. I would so love to be :holmes: though. I read almost the entire Holmes canon over the summer, actually. :yes:

No one on TSR knows my true identity. :ninja: But I'll PM it to you, just 'cause I feel bad for being stalkerish. I should probably out myself & join the TSR facebook but y'know...

ReputationRep:
    No one on TSR knows my true identity. :ninja: But I'll PM it to you, just 'cause I feel bad for being stalkerish. I should probably out myself & join the TSR facebook but y'know...
    wow I feel honoured! okay kokey - I'll add you on facebook too, and then invite you to the fb group - after all, it's not good to be alone! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    wow I feel honoured! okay kokey - I'll add you on facebook too, and then invite you to the fb group - after all, it's not good to be alone! :jumphug:
    I feel like a superhero entrusting his secret identity to someone now. :yep:

I'll join as long as the other children don't pull my pigtails and call me names.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a superhero entrusting his secret identity to someone now. :yep:

I'll join as long as the other children don't pull my pigtails and call me names.
    I promise to protect you :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    URGHGHGHHG MY TUTOR HAS CHANGED AND I DID NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

I'm so confused about all this timetable stuff? Why bother giving out timetables to people if they're just going to be changed massively...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    URGHGHGHHG MY TUTOR HAS CHANGED AND I DID NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

I'm so confused about all this timetable stuff? Why bother giving out timetables to people if they're just going to be changed massively...?
    I SHARE YOUR ANGER. I AM NOT EXACTLY PLEASED EITHER. D:

To be fair, it did say at the top of the page that the department would probably change the timetables and groupings were not final and stuff like that. Still, it is a bit of a tease, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    I FEEL SHARE YOUR ANGER. I AM NOT EXACTLY PLEASED EITHER.

To be fair, it did say at the top of the page that the department would probably change the timetables and groupings were not final and stuff like that. Still, it is a bit of a tease, I agree.
    I am seriously unimpressed. My new tutor is part-time, which is a bit meh, and I have no idea who it is, whereas my original one would have been ideal because he's in charge of all the French literature modules in the department, and I'm really interested in postgraduate study in France etc. I've read translations he's done and everything.

ARGH.

On a brighter note, my Monday and Tuesday early mornings have disappeared. Loving that side of things, but ugghh.

edit: got mixed up. Tuesday's an early morning lecture.

ReputationRep:
    I am seriously unimpressed. My new tutor is part-time, which is a bit meh, and I have no idea who it is, whereas my original one would have been ideal because he's in charge of all the French literature modules in the department, and I'm really interested in postgraduate study in France etc. I've read translations he's done and everything.

ARGH.

On a brighter note, my Monday and Tuesday early mornings have disappeared. Loving that side of things, but ugghh.
    Are you sure? My supervisor is the same but my tutor is different. I'm just confused tbh. I heard from a friend that the official timetables will be given to us on the 1st October, which is tomorrow, so hopefully all heartache gone by then :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I want to see my actual timetable to make it all a bit less confusing. That big departmental one is WTF central. I'm useless at getting sense out of things like that.

I'm in the same situation as you, Emily. Same supervisor, different tutor. Sorry if I didn't make that clear before!

ReputationRep:

ARGH.

edit: got mixed up. Tuesday's an early morning lecture.
    I think mine's part time, too. She only has stuff timetabled for Tuesdays & Fridays, anyway. \:

I don't think anyone's supervisor should have changed. The only reason I mentioned mine is because my supervisor is now also my seminar tutor.

ReputationRep:
    Hey fellow nerds! I wanted to ask a few questions and was hoping some of you knew the answers because no matter how hard I look I can't find what I'm looking for!!

1) Am I right in thinking we have 2 seminars a week?

2) Now the whole lecture thing..
    According to these new fancy (yet probably unreliable) timetables it says there are 5 lectures in the week. I just wasn't sure how many are duplicates lectures or stuff like that.. They all say "group 1", so i'm assuming that means all the students have to attend, like group 1 is a collective for all 300 or whatever of us..
    But that friday timetable.. Do we seriously have 3 lectures in a day? And one of them is 3 hours??!

Ugh, I'm just confused. I don't know how many lectures all the guff said we would have. but I didn't think it was five, i thought it was about 3, maybe four.. So I think that was my main question- how many lectures is the standard for us?
    Help! And thanks for it!

Oh, as an afterthought, what seminar groups are you all in? I'm group 2.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeramis)
    Hey fellow nerds! I wanted to ask a few questions and was hoping some of you knew the answers because no matter how hard I look I can't find what I'm looking for!!

1) Am I right in thinking we have 2 seminars a week?

2) Now the whole lecture thing..
    According to these new fancy (yet probably unreliable) timetables it says there are 5 lectures in the week. I just wasn't sure how many are duplicates lectures or stuff like that.. They all say "group 1", so i'm assuming that means all the students have to attend, like group 1 is a collective for all 300 or whatever of us..
    But that friday timetable.. Do we seriously have 3 lectures in a day? And one of them is 3 hours??!

Ugh, I'm just confused. I don't know how many lectures all the guff said we would have. but I didn't think it was five, i thought it was about 3, maybe four.. So I think that was my main question- how many lectures is the standard for us?
    Help! And thanks for it!

Oh, as an afterthought, what seminar groups are you all in? I'm group 2.
    xx
    Yes, two seminars a week. And, yes, the lectures on the timetable are correct so far as I know. The long one at the end of Friday only happens on weeks 2 & 7 though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.