Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I found out who my supervisor is... Dr Thomas O'Donnell... (anyone else got him?) but I don't know how to find out my seminar group or lecture group. Can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    Go on evision and click your timetable, it'll tell you. The whole year has the same lecture group anyway, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand my timetable. At all. What's '2au - 10au'?

Ohhhhhhh, wait, now I get it. Awesome, thanks - I guess I just needed to stare gormlessly at the screen for a bit longer before I understood. Anyone else in Seminar Group 10?

ReputationRep:
    Ah-ha, found out who my supervisor will be - Dr Helen Smith. Anyone else got her? Also, I'm having problems viewing my timetable; it keeps saying 'sorry, an error has occured' :/ Is anyone else having the same difficulty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangeways)
    Ah-ha, found out who my supervisor will be - Dr Helen Smith. Anyone else got her? Also, I'm having problems viewing my timetable; it keeps saying 'sorry, an error has occured' :/ Is anyone else having the same difficulty?
    Helen Smith gave the talk at the open day I attended. She's not my supervisor but she seemed pretty nice & knowledgeable. Smiley, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    I NEED SEMINAR GROUP 9 PEOPLE. So we can wallow in the misery of having 4 stupidly early mornings out of 5 together, obviously.
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Yes its giving me that message too. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archly)
    Helen Smith gave the talk at the open day I attended. She's not my supervisor but she seemed pretty nice & knowledgeable. Smiley, too.
    Ooh, thank you I read her bio on the website, and the fact she teaches feminist theory rather endeared her to me. How old is she, roughly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floater)
    It's infuriating! I want to work out my long weekends, darn it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You're doing English and you're from Northern Ireland? :teeth: You're the first other one I've found.. you getting a ferry over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaner)
    You're doing English and you're from Northern Ireland? :teeth: You're the first other one I've found.. you getting a ferry over?
    Aye English & Politics and no i'm flying.
    Which college are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, thank you I read her bio on the website, and the fact she teaches feminist theory rather endeared her to me. How old is she, roughly?
    Quite young. Early 30s, maybe? I'm pretty sure she was the one doing the talk anyway, I remember looking at her staff bio when I got home. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in James, you? But I have to get a ferry cos I'm going to take far too much stuff, including drink and half my bedroom.. It'll be a looonnng day of travelling.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the farthest corner of halifax
    still, can't wait until term starts
    We should meet up for a drink sometime!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the farthest corner of halifax
    still, can't wait until term starts
    We should meet up for a drink sometime!
    I think most of us can't wait now, this summer has been about 3 times too long :rolleyes: Yeah that'd be cool, meeting up with someone who is also fed up with people imitating their accent :yep: "Power shower" I am going to try to avoid ever saying this in York.

ReputationRep:
    Also, if you're in america never, EVER say mountain dew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super-emily)
    :hello:
    There's always another Emily in my classes. Always. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    There's always another Emily in my classes. Always. :p:
    that's because it's the best name, natch :yep:

argahrgahrgahgrh just looked at my timetable - four 9:15 starts and a lecture from 3:15 til 6pm every Friday

why would they do that to us????????!??!?! :cry: anyone else in a similar position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super-emily)
    that's because it's the best name, natch :yep:

argahrgahrgahgrh just looked at my timetable - four 9:15 starts and a lecture from 3:15 til 6pm every Friday

why would they do that to us????????!??!?! :cry: anyone else in a similar position?
    That lecture isn't every Friday. It's only on the 2nd & 7th weeks of term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archly)
    That lecture isn't every Friday. It's only on the 2nd & 7th weeks of term.
    YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

:jumphug:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.