Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's August and it's bloody ****ng it down... Watch

ReputationRep:
    WHY OH WHY!?!?!

I want to walk places and run around on the beach!!!

What do you think? Enjoy the rain? Going on holiday to escape it this year?

ReputationRep:
    That's because we are in England .
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    It's hot, bright blue sunshine here in Brighton :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:
    And i've just come back from a country that was at least 40C everyday!!! Most of the time it was 44C (100+ F).
    At night it was at least 27C

England..............:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnowAngel)
    :laughing:
    And i've just come back from a country that was at least 40C everyday!!! Most of the time it was 44C (100+ F).
    At night it was at least 27C

England..............:erm:

Wow! Where did you go!?!

ReputationRep:
    It's sunny where I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    It's sunny where I am
    why aren't you running around in the sun!?!

Blargh.

ReputationRep:
    Read this article, MET Office are *******

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2406414.ece

Experts said the “barbecue summer” will be so much warmer and drier than normal that the climate will resemble holiday hotspots like Spain’s Costa del Sol.

Sizzler ... summer to be great for grills
    British tourism and farming should be boosted and Government departments have been put on alert for the possibility of a heatwave.

The alert came as the Met Office put the odds of above average temperatures and below average rainfall at two in three.

Chief meteorologist Ewen McCallum said: “In the last two summers we hit the pits of misery.

“We had near-record rainfall, a windy, cloudy summer and temperatures were down.

“The signs are much more promising this year. There will be several episodes where the temperature will go above 30°C.

“Last summer it hit 30°C once. That’s unusual as we’ve been heading into that region regularly in the last ten years due to global warming.

Advertisement

“This trend will lead to better summers than we’ve had for some time.This year we’re likely to see a prolonged spell of warm weather with more chances of getting the barbecue out and going into the garden.”

Mr McCallum said the long-range forecast shows a “strong signal” of good weather.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.