Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: would you go out with a girl who didn't shave her legs/arm-pits? Watch

• View Poll Results: Guys: would you go out with a girl who didn't shave her legs/arm-pits?
    No! It's a turn-off
    78.45%
    Yes! It's a turn-on
    3.88%
    Yes... not really bothered by it
    17.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00b_pwn3r)
    your mum doesn't shave and she's good enough for me
    This is funny

ReputationRep:
    I would not care. I'd be turned on in a way.

Hair no hair person is a person.

ReputationRep:
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...mpit_photo.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franfranfranlol)
    This claim is unfounded. Hair does not grow back any different to how it was before: it is the same hair follicle, after all. It is an urban myth that hair grows back thicker or darker. The only difference is that when it's just starting to grow back, it is short and does therefore feel like beard stubble for a short while.

actually, that's incorrect. i dated a girl who stopped shaving/waxing her legs after a few years, and the result was quite obscene.
    just to reinforce my other response to this

http://www.realself.com/question/doe...ker-and-faster

there are numerous articles like this online
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campy)
    1) As i said, not all men have furry backs, and not all men are hairless.

2)I never said it was impossible, just scientifically difficult

3)I don't think it matters whether or not 'vomit' was a metaphor, the sentiments are the same. Furthermore, I actuallywent on to talk about how men are allowed to grow their beards out a little bit if they want. I did not say anything about taking your foot-long metaphor literally. In fact, that part was one of my best arguments. I am proud. Well done for not noticing that.

4) I also mentioned the fact that with some men, shaving is a practicality, not because it looks good or whatever. I never slated men for shaving: I was arguing that in society, men are allowed to shave or not shave as they wish. Your arguments are irrelevant.

5) I know they are not, however growing a 'foot-long beard' is not something which happens unavoidabley within a day or two, and you don't need to irritate your skin to remove it. You can just trim it. And if you're talking about the metaphorical foot-long beard again, it's a matter of personal preference as opposed to societal expectation.

6) This is irrelevant. My points are valid and you are now showing immaturity, by using insults to try and throw me. Good luck.

7) You are reinforcing the societal ideal that women with body hair are disgusting. If you wanted to achieve the goal which you have stated there, then maybe a more appropriate response would be 'It's not for me' not 'If I saw a woman with hairy armpits I'd probably vomit'
    also, strawmen?

8) Well done for the numbers. It really helped me see in a nice, numerical order how utterly close-minded you're being.

p.s. sorry for typos in advance
    4) Women are allowed to not shave if they don't want to as well. No one is holding a gun to your head.

5) You are not a man and thus have no clue about what shaving for men is like. It is in fact very irritating to the skin to shave every day in order to get that silky smooth feel many girls like to feel when you're kissing. I have no idea why you think men shaving their faces for some reason doesn't irritate the skin...

6) Your naivety is very relevant to this argument. Do you expect to get taken seriously on this subject when you honestly believe that shaving doesn't irritate the male face? When you think that not liking body hair on females is misogynistic? When you think that a young male having a beard (read: more than just a bit of stubble) is as equally acceptable as his shaven or trimmed counter parts in the eyes of girls?

7) They both show the same thing: that it is only my opinion. Your reading comprehension is very poor if you do not understand this. The use of the word 'I' should have been a dead give away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    No, definitly not win-win.

The constant itching/allergic reactions/ingrown hairs (which happen however much care I take) mean it's just not worth it. I trim regularly, but they're always there.
    Cocoa butter helps with. If I apply immediately, I have no problems.
    I've not had problems with ingrowns, thank God!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    4) Women are allowed to not shave if they don't want to as well. No one is holding a gun to your head.

5) You are not a man and thus have no clue about what shaving for men is like. It is in fact very irritating to the skin to shave every day in order to get that silky smooth feel many girls like to feel when you're kissing. I have no idea why you think men shaving their faces for some reason doesn't irritate the skin...

6) Your naivety is very relevant to this argument. Do you expect to get taken seriously on this subject when you honestly believe that shaving doesn't irritate the male face? When you think that not liking body hair on females is misogynistic? When you think that a young male having a beard (read: more than just a bit of stubble) is as equally acceptable as his shaven or trimmed counter parts in the eyes of girls?

7) They both show the same thing: that it is only my opinion. Your reading comprehension is very poor if you do not understand this. The use of the word 'I' should have been a dead give away.
    4) How about you try being a woman and going out in public with hairy legs. The amount of abused hurled at you is appalling

5) I know shaving irritates men's skin, it irritates my boyfriend's skin and so he only does it when he feels like it. I would never impose anything like that upon a male. I know what shaving rash feels like: It's no different in women. What i actually said in that point was that you can trim a foot long beard to appropriate beardy-length without shaving, hence it being comfortable. Please read more carefully.

6) Well i've already refuted the bit about you thinking that i know nothing about men's shaving irritating the face: you must've misread what i wrote. And of course I think that. If a woman is to be hated and ridiculed and discriminated against for being hairy, a totally natural and womanly thing, what else am I to conclude? And yes, it is. The guy who got 'sexiest person' in the male category at my prom (we did awards) had a full-on beard- the second-most bearded person in school. The first-most bearded person being an all-round loved person, known only by his surname. He once tried to re-instate lamb chops.

7) This doesn't take away the fact that you're fuelling a negative stereotype of women who don't shave. You should think more closely about the words you use, as they represent more than you'd think. Furthermore, as this post is not the first in which I've told you to look back and see what i've ACTUALLY said, I think my reading comprehension, when compared to yours, is something to be desired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    Yeah, I have a friend who swears by this and is always telling me to do this: it still doesn't work for me though
    She also suggests exfoliation but that only irritates more...maybe I'm too rough?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether I'd rather laugh or cry :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    I wasn't ending conversation, but merely saying that these days, we're very nit-picky over our appearances, when relly for some things, there isn't a need to worry!
    Well given the current culture, you can't really blame a person for worrying about such things. :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://image.take40.com/300x400/drew...ts_300x400.jpg
    http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content...m-grooming.jpg
    http://image.take40.com/300x400/juli...ry_armpits.jpg

Anyone?
    Though the first two merely forgot to shave theirs, rather than totally not shaving them at all :hubba:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The middle one is barely noticeable and not what I would call 'hairy' at all.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, that's just the shadow of hair from when it's growing back. Like Homer Simpson's face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AustralAlien)
    Yeah she has to be extra hairy though, like a gorilla. With her hairy legs and my hairy chest we can rumble in the jungle.
    Does this mean you only date Arab-girls? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    The skin in that area is even sensitive to the cocoa butter :o:

Armpit hair always goes - leg hair when required. It's the pubes that just can't be removed.

ReputationRep:
    i would hope any normal boy would prefer it shaved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campy)
    Yeah, I have a friend who swears by this and is always telling me to do this: it still doesn't work for me though
    She also suggests exfoliation but that only irritates more...maybe I'm too rough?
    I hear you!

It's probably not that you're too rough with the exfoliation, more likely the skin is just too delicate to take it...everyone's different!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Does this mean you only date Arab-girls? :teeth:
    Nothing like a bit of a casual racism, eh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by campy)
    Oh no! Hmm I have really sensitive skin and quite thick hair. I would've thought it would be okay for most if its okay for me.
    I also exfoliate using a pumice stone (sp?) - it helps a lot. I've been using one since I was six! Makes skin nice and smooth.
    I'm not sure what it could be.
    Thing is I also use body olive oil - maybe that soften the hair and the cuticles well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    The skin in that area is even sensitive to the cocoa butter :o:

Armpit hair always goes - leg hair when required. It's the pubes that just can't be removed.
    Interesting...I thought I was sensitive - well the rest of my body is. Maybe I just have strong ****.
    Try using body oil.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.