How mature...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samalama)
    How mature...
    hehehhe!!

gimp lulz

ReputationRep:
    However, they may stick to single Dumbells instead of a bar - You should think about that rather than ditching the bench press all together
    This. Instead of ruling out the bench press altogther use dumbbells instead. As someone else mentioned by using dumbbells it means you don't necessarily need to use a spotter, instead just dump the weights down on the floor when you're done, Ronnie Coleman style.

ReputationRep:
    Bench with dumbbells. Problem solved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    I always used to just roll it to abs, sit up, stand up holding it, put it on floor, deadlift it and then walk it back onto rack when I failed a rep.

Then again I never benched 200kg.
    That's what I did the one time I had to. Not too hard.

ReputationRep:
    If there is no way of focusing on each of the petoral areas... Why are there exercises specially segregated for them?....
    Like what? what exercises are there that only work the upper chest or only the lower chest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandhu)
    because none of them are there u skinny puss

i had this too when i benched like 50kg lol, it goes away as you progress
    how can you bench more than 50kg on dumbells? :confused:
    "skinny puss" - i like your choice of vocabulary, i'd rep you, but i've used it today :p:

ReputationRep:
    Upper only:

Flexion
    Abduction

Lower only:

Extension

ReputationRep:
    I always bench press with dumbbells. They're easier to manage, they address left-right imbalances and allow you to move in a more natural range of motion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.