Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey one and all,

I would be very grateful if i could posssibly get some non biased opinions of students in the engineering department.Been quite impressed by the faculties website and decided to get some info from the horses mouth,not that you are a horse .I'm especially interested with the general eng. course but i'll be honoured even if you study another discipline.
    Now,down to the nitty gritty hehe.

1.Do you like/dislike it there ? Why

2.How are the facilities,lecturers,academic support and the teaching ?

3.Does it live up to the hype and would you apply again if you had to
    do it all over again ?
    4.How do the students fare once they graduate ?

Looking forward to hear your experiences.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_anonymous_friend)
    Hey one and all,

I would be very grateful if i could posssibly get some non biased opinions of students in the engineering department.Been quite impressed by the faculties website and decided to get some info from the horses mouth,not that you are a horse .I'm especially interested with the general eng. course but i'll be honoured even if you study another discipline.
    Now,down to the nitty gritty hehe.

1.Do you like/dislike it there ? Why

2.How are the facilities,lecturers,academic support and the teaching ?

3.Does it live up to the hype and would you apply again if you had to
    do it all over again ?
    4.How do the students fare once they graduate ?

Looking forward to hear your experiences.

Thank you.
    Hi there,

I done Engineering Year 0 back in 2002 (omg has it been that long), and I gotta say, it was a really good course. I think the Year 0 engineering modules are different from what i studied cos they have CAD and what not, but regardless, the course gives good knowledge.

1)1.Do you like/dislike it there ? Because of the support available from lecturers, manageable workloads, the facilities are really good, esp the comp labs and electrical studios in Queens. The lecturers are very good, I have maycock for Mathematics, Prettyjohns for engineering principles,and mike hawkins was the tutor. There was another guy, Gerardo Mesais, who dealt with the electrical bits.

Well I only done the Year 0, but most of my friends used it as a stepping stone to get onto another degree, revolving around computers and whatnot, so unfortunately I don't know of people who have graduated from it.

Hope this helps..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.