Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just been given catered accomodation in Vaughn House , do you still get any kitchen facilities, or a living room?

ReputationRep:
    Im there too, wouldnt mind so much but i've ended up with catered and specifically wanted self-catered and would have prefered to not be miles away from the uni
    Im doing phsiology so might have some of the same lectures...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinnygar)
    I believe thats going to be in 2011? According to Leeds website and wikipedia, they planned it four years from 2007. Would be a bit harsh if they knocked it down whilst we was still inside the buildings aswell - I got my offer through on the 1st!
    It will be closed down from July 2012.

So the 2011 / 2012 students will be the last intake!!! Bodington will then be rebuilt closer to the university campus but I'm not sure where as I've heard they are not allowed to build any new student accomodation in Headingley or Hyde Park because these areas are already bursting at the seems with student housing.

ReputationRep:
    I just got my accommodation and am in Bodington, not what I wanted initially but getting pretty excited now!!! I'm in F4.11, anyone nearby?!!!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what kitchen stuff is provided for self-catered people eg pans, utensils, cutlery etc

ReputationRep:
    nothing's provided but u can buy kitchen 'essential' packs off the leeds website...

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Woodsley House - can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    proud Oxleyite.

If you think Bodington's a ******** clap your hands

*clap clap*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scanningforlifeforms)
    proud Oxleyite.

If you think Bodington's a ******** clap your hands

*clap clap*
    Wow. Now that's mature. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what floor/flat/room numbers are, eg in J1.14??
    i thought the "1" in "14" would have meant flat 1, but some people have "04" etc....
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    What day is everyone moving in?

I was going to go up Wed 16th but I'm thinking that might be a bit early now if Freshers dosn't start til the Monday. Don't want to be there on my jack jones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookadaisy)
    Does anyone know what floor/flat/room numbers are, eg in J1.14??
    i thought the "1" in "14" would have meant flat 1, but some people have "04" etc....
    thanks
    J is the block
    1.1 is the flat of 5 you're in. There is 1.1 (on the right hand side of the block) or 1.0 (on the left hand side of the block). Then you're room 4 of your flat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going up on the nineteenth - possibly the 20th. All the international students move in from the fourteenth onwards so you won't be completely alone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm In Mackey, moving up to Leeds on the 19th

ReputationRep:
    i'm in mackey. k1 if anyones close?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if there are sinks in the bedrooms? i'm in evans house!

ReputationRep:
    every room should have a sink....

p.s. going up on 18th...so not packed yet!! eek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offwithherhead)
    I applied to Devonshire and have been placed in Bodington...excited though! I have heard lots of good stuff.
    I am in J block of Bragg, floor 3, flat 1 and studying Politics. Anyone nearby?
    In bodington bragg J3.12?
    doing politics. add me up anyone nearby!

It does have it's own thread in here, it's called 'Bodington Applicants'. There's already quite a few people on there and there's a list of users who have places and where.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1346828

Look harder next time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.