Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right, so i'm going to Leeds fest this year...28th-31st of August.

Because my period's an absolute *****, it's decided to fall during that weekend.

I really want to stop it coming that weekend because 4 days without a wash in a sweaty festival is not pleasant without the added issue of a period to watch out for.

Soooo, if i'm going to the doctors to get a pill to stop it, what should i be asking for and have i also left it too late to do it?

Also, do i have to go to my GP or can i go to a pharmacy or something?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you go to the doctors he can give you something to stop it even if I can't remember what it's called. You have to remember to take it at the right times else it will come soon after if you don't, apparantly. GP would be best :girl:

ReputationRep:
    Yep. You want to go and see the doctors ASAP. They will give you a weeks worth of what is basically a contraceptive pill, that is, loads of oestrogen/progesterone. It will trick your body into thinking you are preggerz and you won't have your period.

ReputationRep:
    Norethisterone. You have to go to the GP to get the prescription, then pharmacy for the tablets.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Norethisterone.

(Handy hint; tell her you're going for a week, then next time you need to stop a period, you don't need to go again )

ReputationRep:
    Thanking youuuu!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.