Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just really wondering how everyone feels about this, but mainly the girls.
    Would you have a one night stand if you were single and you knew no one else would ever find out/know?? It doesnt have to be drunken..

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter whether anyone finds out. If you're both single, why the hell not?

ReputationRep:
    Never ever. There is little, if any, good.

ReputationRep:
    I would have said no but I met my boyfriend this way and I wouldn't change it for anything.

I was going to go anon but oh, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you're both single, there's really no problem.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with it, so I would.

I dont agree with one night stands but if people are drunk i can see why they do it.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't understand this taboo about sex. It's normal to have sex.

ReputationRep:
    Where is the love?

I dont think men or women should have casual sex. But if they do they need to make sure theyre safe, especially the women, cause she could be left with a baby and not even know the dads 1st name.

Whats the definition of a one night stand? Seriously.

I went to visit my friend at uni and slept with someone i met that night and i know that was a one night stand, but i've also slept with a kind of holiday fling and someone i had been seeing on and off but wasn't in a relationship with...would you say they were one night stands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Whats the definition of a one night stand? Seriously.

I went to visit my friend at uni and slept with someone i met that night and i know that was a one night stand, but i've also slept with a kind of holiday fling and someone i had been seeing on and off but wasn't in a relationship with...would you say they were one night stands?
    Imo its having sex with someone that your a) not in a relationship with and b) have no intention of starting a relationship with

So the holiday fling id say yer that counts, the second one depends on whether you thought it could lead to something

ReputationRep:
    Firstly... i've had this experience.

Eurgh.

The guy and i promised not to tell anyone, yes fine.

HOWEVER.

When i was walking home, i saw a lad from college that knows i do not live the way i was coming so he assumed i was up to something anyway.

Then the next minute, everyone knows about it (how i do not know, i know it was not the guy) and i'm being called a slut!

Lulz.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do it if everyone found out.

Sometimes things can be just about teh secks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with one night stands if they're two consenting single people. I would (and have). And I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of so if someone found out it wouldn't be the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I wouldnt, I only sleep with people I love/am in a relationship with.

ReputationRep:
    I've had quite a few one night stands I don't know what the issue is as long as you both want it, only 3 of them were drunken to be honest and I was usually out with friends the nights I had them to they know about them anyway

ReputationRep:
    I've had 2 almost one night stands.

Probably shouldn't have admitted that on here. :\

ReputationRep:
    I just comes down to whether you want to sleep with someone you don't really know just because they're hot. I'm not going to judge but others will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabethbridge)
    I don't think there's anything wrong with one night stands if they're two consenting single people. I would (and have). And I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of so if someone found out it wouldn't be the end of the world.
    Yep This.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care if people found out or not tbh.
    I'd just be happy for a bit of fun
    Anyone desperate for some? haha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.