Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm an 18 year old virgin, never been on a date or kissed a girl guy.

However, I don't think I am bad looking, and others have said i'm not.

Anyway, I added this girl through a mutual friend on facebook, she was gorgeous and I got talking to her. I only first started talking to her a couple of weeks back.

Nothing serious, just light hearted chatting and bantering etc.

She uses facebook a LOT and it seems she is pretty confident and very popular, due to her attention of facebook etc.

I asked for her number quite early, a couple of days after first talking to her, and she said it was broken, I joked about it being an excuse and she assured me it wasn't.

Then a couple of days after that, she was updating facebook through her phone, so I said it looks like her phone was working okay and asked for the number, she gave me it to straight away.

Days past, talking to her, a little bit most days, again nothing serious, lots of 'hahhaha's from her. Then, one of her status updates, must of been early last week, said she really wanted to go to this crazy art exhibition that was ending in a few weeks, lots of comments said it was brilliant, but loads of queues though and she said how she didnt care, so I told her we should go. I've seen it advertised before and was interested. After I said I wanted to go she enthusiastically asked if we could actually go please etc

Now we get to this weekend and i get a comment asking when we could go, i said i was gonna be busy and I'd let her know soon. Then yesterday she wrote on my wall in big capital letters, can we go now pleeeeease etc lol.

So it looks good, I said I'd know today, monday. I needed to find out when I'd be working this week.

So today, i found out, texted her for the first time and said i could do thursday and she said she was busy, so i said oh ok no problem. Then 10 minutes after or so, i text again saying, after I looked it up, that it was open till late on wednesday, so I suggested that.

Here's my problem...she hasn't texted back!

Earlier today, around 1 o clock, her replies were instant, within a minute or two.

Now its nearly 5 hours later and she hasn't replied? What am I to do? How can someone go from so enthusiastic to being uninterested/ Never have i acted needy or anything, i just said when I was free etc.

A girl that seems so popular etc I would've thought wouldnt miss a text! Do I text back? Call? It's two days away so would like to know if she can or wants to make it.

Just hope she's on facebook later and ask her?

thanks a lot x

ReputationRep:
    You don't text again, you dont send a message. You wait.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait.

It sounds like she's playing you mate.

ReputationRep:
    wait for how long? lol

Why would she play me? She was the one all enthusiastic about it the past two days?

And If I'm on msn or facebook and she comes online?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    You simply WAIT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzee_dascal)
    wait for how long? lol

Why would she play me? She was the one all enthusiastic about it the past two days?

thanks
    Don't initiate any form of contact.

ReputationRep:
    and if she's online?

sorry for the impatience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzee_dascal)
    wait for how long? lol

thanks
    Sure, bug her on msn/facebook.

But it still sounds like she's just using you.

ReputationRep:
    well....why?

ReputationRep:
    wait and don't get too paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    i understand you're position, you're probably getting jumpy about hearing from her but trust me dude just wait, there could be an explanation for the delay. However i warn you, you might not even get a reply so be prepared for it. If she doesnt just LET HER GO, dont RUN after her, okay? Dont contact her again. I know this is gonna be incredibly hard for you but WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

ReputationRep:
    so if she's online on facebook or msn, I just say nothing? Wouldn't that be like seeing her in the street and not acknowledging her after her not texting back?

ReputationRep:
    oh well in that case just talk to her normally and then bring the topic up. By the way only do it if she comes on msn, talking on facebook looks like the person is really desperate, okay

ReputationRep:
    really? I've switched to using facebook chat almost exclusively!

ReputationRep:
    depends where you used to talk to her mostly. MSN or Facebook? if you used to talk to her mostly on msn then i'll recommend wait for her then. If you're really getting impatient well then chat with her on facebook (and keep your emotions in control :P

ReputationRep:
    you been making her wait

general dating standards suggest a waiting time of 24 hours or 48 hours before planning a date

apparently you took more time, and used the phrase ' i am busy', serious violation of common sense dictated dating

either she is at the art expo already, or she is playing you, so i guess you got to take your chances

be cheesy

Get off TSR and get into reality aka outside!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.