Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The film adaptation is completely different to the book - they have two different endings. Anyone who thinks the film is a loyal adaptation has been reading the American edition of the book, which omits the last chapter! The final chapter is completely imperative to the book for me, where you leave the story in the film...it's just too, optimistic. You're left with a completely different feeling with the conclusion in the original version of the book.

I really like the film, and I love the book - but I see them as very different.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen the film, but the book disturbed me a little. Not because of all the violent scenes within it, but more the 'message' of the book.
    It's the kind of book I'm glad I have read, but will never read again.

ReputationRep:
    I like both. I love the book, and I love the film. Yeah, there were deviations from the book in the film, but partly because of the time it was made I think those were understandable, and taking that into consideration it's amazing it got made the way it did at all. I wouldn't venture to say either is better or worse than the other, I enjoyed both equally and think they complemented eachother well.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.