Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be interested in a Society for Vidyagames. Honestly I'm surprised that there isn't one already.

ReputationRep:
    Join now and get a night with me where we'll do exactly what you want. Free of charge! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_)
    Join now and get a night with me where we'll do exactly what you want. Free of charge! :awesome:
    Based purely on this offer...i'm in

ReputationRep:
    I made a facebook group so in September it will be easy for like sending out events and stuff http://www.facebook.com/groups/creat...d=131014123763

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danposmaytee)
    I made a facebook group so in September it will be easy for like sending out events and stuff http://www.facebook.com/groups/creat...d=131014123763
    Oh. I was going to think of a cool name for it and sort it out with some friends.

Its not even sorted yet, that page will have to be unofficial for now!

ReputationRep:
    A UCLan gaming society would be awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airel)
    Oh. I was going to think of a cool name for it and sort it out with some friends.

Its not even sorted yet, that page will have to be unofficial for now!
    You can change the name of a group so when you think of a kick ass name it could be changed anyway =]

ReputationRep:
    You can change the name of a group so when you think of a kick ass name it could be changed anyway =]
    Ah, pro. If it turns official, one of the first things I'll do is make a proper website.

Well, I'll post back here when I get some message back from UCLAN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airel)
    Ah, pro. If it turns official, one of the first things I'll do is make a proper website.

Well, I'll post back here when I get some message back from UCLAN.
    Good stuff =] I look forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Based purely on this offer...i'm in
    My genius marketing schemes working already. Damn I'm awesome :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ah man, this is gonna be awesome, and my old thread triggered it i was hoping for a gaming society of some sort, once a month LAN meeting, could have xbox/ps3/pc/wii
    i have wii/360/gaming pc

im definately bringing my 360 and pc to uni, if this is made definate then i'm in and will bring everything lol

but...for the LAN night, where would this be held? cant really do it in halls if people wana bring PCs and screens can we. i'm on computer games development so i have access to the gaming lab to game whenever i want but otherpeople wont be

ReputationRep:
    There is sort of a mini unofficial gaming society. One of the lecturers in the Computing department called Nicky Danino started it up. They meet up in a pub occasionally and have gaming nights. As mentioned above though, nothing official is up and running yet.

ReputationRep:
    well we need to get official lol

i'm thinkin a website, monthly meets, leaderboards (for each game, gold star system maybe lmao), competitions, heck even maybe a quiz night (get very drunk before, during and after) on game/systems/history everything!

each month could be a different game or something, anything, this has to happen!

and as for a uclan clan...we needs names to be shot around guys, and for the society

ReputationRep:
    Less Talky. More Shooty.

The name of a website i'm making, and i think its still my motto on Live.
    I came up with it when me and my mate were playing Halo and he kept yapping xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airel)
    Would anyone be interested in a Society for Vidyagames. Honestly I'm surprised that there isn't one already.
    That would be awesome! Incidentally, I'm bringing my 32" HDTV with me when I come in September with 360 and Wii (and a few older consoles) if anyone wants to come and kick my ass on Street Fighter IV

ReputationRep:
    my xbox live motto is "eat more." lmao, dont think we can use that lmao (i'm not fat btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunghole)
    That would be awesome! Incidentally, I'm bringing my 32" HDTV with me when I come in September with 360 and Wii (and a few older consoles) if anyone wants to come and kick my ass on Street Fighter IV
    Im brining my 32" TV also ^^i think i may have discussed this with you on another thread though :< possibly aha xD

Also i dont think i'll be taking you up on that street fighter offer, as im crap at platform fighting games ='[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee90)
    my xbox live motto is "eat more." lmao, dont think we can use that lmao (i'm not fat btw)
    It could be the Slogan of the society xD

"Uclan gaming blah blah: Eat More"

ReputationRep:
    lol, oh yeah:woo:

i'm only taking my 19" screen lol, i got it for my pc but it doubles as a telly with freeview, can play consoles on it also. buti dont think i could bring my 32inch telly as it is a huge old school hand me down from our living room lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee90)
    lol, oh yeah:woo:

i'm only taking my 19" screen lol, i got it for my pc but it doubles as a telly with freeview, can play consoles on it also. buti dont think i could bring my 32inch telly as it is a huge old school hand me down from our living room lol
    Lol xD i got mine last xmas so its cool =]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 3, 2010

University open days

• University of Central Lancashire
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.