Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you saving your money for university? watch

ReputationRep:
    I try to save 50% each month of what I earn.

ReputationRep:
    lol what money

ReputationRep:
    i'm trying, but failing miserably due to a lack of a job and really good sales in my area :o:

i'm desperatly trying to not spend a penny now though, i'm having picnics with mates rather than going to the cinema

ReputationRep:
    Im studying programming, so I can get a free-lance job as programmer, so I can get good money to study computer science in uni.

ReputationRep:
    I would be if I had some money to save.
    Someone please employ me.

ReputationRep:
    Any bit of money i find, make or am given i throw it in a savings account so i can save towards Uni' without being tempted to go after it, even though that's a year away.

ReputationRep:
    I really should be saving and not impulse buying stuff like this.

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to save about of the 1/3 of the money I've earnt over the past two years, which is a bit disappointing and I don't go out regularly and spend a load...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    What a brick of a phone... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    What a brick of a phone...
    Indeed. It is the obese model. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    no job:no:

ReputationRep:
    I've attempted to save some money from my current job position but it's impossible! Luckily, my parents had saved some money when I was younger so I have a couple of thousand pounds which I intend on not spending. I'm going to hunt down a part-time job position somewhere when I reach uni.

ReputationRep:
    I really should be saving but theres so much fun stuff to do with my money right now.

I've hardly saved anything and what I have saved will probably be spent before I get to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm saving my dole money lol. I reckon I'll have about £300 when I start Uni.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Where do you get them huge chewits from?
    :rolleyes:

I'm trying

ReputationRep:
    Getting a job is hard at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    what?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying and failing miserabley

ReputationRep:
    Kinda, jobs well paid so I can still afford to run my car, go out etc, will be well into 4 figures when I start...but admittedly I'm bored of it so might just blow it on going to America for a few weeks. Student Loans and overdrafts are there to be used haha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.