Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are you saving your money for university? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I have a job as well as EMA so can save quite a bit I feel sorry for those of you without jobs though, it must be really hard to find part time jobs at the mo

ReputationRep:
    im trying so hard and doing overtime at work but the money seems to walk out of my bank

ReputationRep:
    I'll be saving like mad. I want to have around £4k stashed away by the time I start next year.

ReputationRep:
    No:shy2:

DAMN YOU AMAZON!!!

ReputationRep:
    LOL..

No to be honest..

I guess I'm just saving my EMA and stuff but I'm really relying on my parents and grants..

My parents don't mind helping me out so it's not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I work at Mc Donalds and the uni money would disappear as soon as I enter uni for fees etc... seems such a waste.. pay off later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polaroid13)
    I would be if I had some money to save.
    Someone please employ me.
    Work at Mc Donalds.
    It's easy to get in.

ReputationRep:
    I should save money but I can't cos I have no job

ReputationRep:
    im getting like 200/240 quid a week atm, haha.

and none of it will go towards uni

**** that.

this summer is for living!

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been trying but not getting any where fast had 3k saved but just put it towards a new car

ReputationRep:
    some of it

ReputationRep:
    i'm a loser
    so i have no job

i'm a loner
    so i dont go out much

i'm a miser
    so i dont buy stuff

BUT
    i have smart parents who have put quite abit in my savings and ISA

..however, i'm a miser, so i ain't touching those prized savings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Work at Mc Donalds.
    It's easy to get in.
    :no:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...9&in_page_id=2

It also emerged today that fast food chain McDonald's has been flooded with job applications in recent months with the stigma of 'McJob' evapourating in the recession. It revealed that it was receiving 2,200 job applications a day. In the last month alone, it has received 305 trainee manager enquiries from people with a wide variety of backgrounds in finance and banking, education, hospitality and retail. The company is currently hiring 140 people a day.

2,200 applications for 140 jobs each day. You do the maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan12)
    :no:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...9&in_page_id=2

It also emerged today that fast food chain McDonald's has been flooded with job applications in recent months with the stigma of 'McJob' evapourating in the recession. It revealed that it was receiving 2,200 job applications a day. In the last month alone, it has received 305 trainee manager enquiries from people with a wide variety of backgrounds in finance and banking, education, hospitality and retail. The company is currently hiring 140 people a day.

2,200 applications for 140 jobs each day. You do the maths.
    I got in 2 weeks ago. There's a ton of jobs going in Reading, and all Mc Donalds have a high turnover.... you leave in months. Just try. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a little over a grand to spend on what I please. So I'm finally starting my motorcycle training once I move out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    I got in 2 weeks ago. There's a ton of jobs going in Reading, and all Mc Donalds have a high turnover.... you leave in months. Just try. :yes:
    We don't all live near Reading

Just did a search for jobs in Leeds on their careers site. Of the 10 stores in the search results, no vacancies at any of them.

And for Liverpool, for when I go to uni, similar results. Just 3 vacancies across 10 stores, of which one I'm not eligible for as you need to be on Jobseekers Allowance.

ReputationRep:
    no. ide rather blow it and enjoy myself now, rather than blow even more money at uni. you should have enough money at uni anyway if u have a job and arent stupid with money you have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan12)
    We don't all live near Reading

Just did a search for jobs in Leeds on their careers site. Of the 10 stores in the search results, no vacancies at any of them.

And for Liverpool, for when I go to uni, similar results. Just 3 vacancies across 10 stores, of which one I'm not eligible for as you need to be on Jobseekers Allowance.
    Crap... can't help you then.

ReputationRep:
    I've got £5k inheritance so I think I'm just going to use that. I'd like to think my Dad would have wanted me to use it to go through university.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.