Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you saving your money for university? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan12)
    :no:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...9&in_page_id=2

It also emerged today that fast food chain McDonald's has been flooded with job applications in recent months with the stigma of 'McJob' evapourating in the recession. It revealed that it was receiving 2,200 job applications a day. In the last month alone, it has received 305 trainee manager enquiries from people with a wide variety of backgrounds in finance and banking, education, hospitality and retail. The company is currently hiring 140 people a day.

2,200 applications for 140 jobs each day. You do the maths.
    damn times really are hard....i have 2 jobs i know that sounds abit greedy but i guess at these times and just getting over alcoholism & depression (so im now 2 grand worth of dept i need to pay off...stupid i know but i was in a dark place). tbh to get through it i guess i need to be abit selfish and have 2 jobs till i sort myself out . life is unfair, especially now and i know someone more deserving should probably have the jobs instead....but i guess you do what you have to do. though having said that the jobs are as a cleaner and in mcdonalds so i could work all the hours i want but it wont be much at all

ReputationRep:
    No this isnt spam but ive been having the same problem finding a job and getting some cash, so ive been working on the schemes in my signature. Feel free to try them out and PM me if you have any Q's

Edit - For some reason the signature isnt loading yet - so il post it for now!

Short of Money? Need a summer job and can’t find one? This could be your answer!

I have 3 very profitable methods which has helped me receive over £70 in a month!

1. Get paid for buying items you want online. On average 10% off what you paid!
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/getlotsofcashback
    With the above you get significant discounts for your purchases, for example by purchasing an item off Ebay you receive a 40% discount off any product!
    Also for signing up to broadband companies etc, you get £100 bonus through this!

2. Get around £10 an hour for writing reviews on absolutely anything!
    Get 50p for every review you write and there is an unlimited amount you can do. Choose your own hours and get paid within 3 days through paypal. To sign up to this please PM me with your email address as you need to be invited into this scheme!

3. Get paid to search – By doing what you already do you could earn £15 a month.
    You earn points for each search you make, which converts into cash.
    Search results come from Google, Yahoo and Msn, so you don’t lose any quality. Also searching will become a lot more efficient, with a toolbar helping you accumulate points very quickly!

ReputationRep:
    I have about £500 saved for uni plus more coming. I don't drink alcohol so I figure I'll have a bit more to spend on food.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not saving for uni, although I intend to get a part time job when I'm there. I figure loans and grants should be sufficient for basic living, and what I earn can be spent on going out. I also plan on using Halifax's £3000 overdraft

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just been on a gap year and worked a lot, and being a recluse helped.

Just blew a lot on a laptop though.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. Been working for 3 years full time and have saved a 5 figure sum. Although I will still take advantage of student loans simply due to the low interest rate charged in comparison to investing my savings as I have now.
    I'll probably use £1000 in my first year is this is the most expensive time with having to pay for halls which seem to be double the cost of private housing.

ReputationRep:
    I had saved loads, but then the iPhone came out and now I have an additional £55 bill every month so the savings will be virtually non-existant by the time uni comes around.

That having been said, I spent something ridiculous along the lines of £750 at cafes this year so I'm cutting back next year to save a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I've got about £400 saved. Working all the time in the summer so should have about 700 by the end.

Should get me through freshers :P

ReputationRep:
    parents r not allowing me to work . Stupid asian parents!

ReputationRep:
    I am saving everything I can, but with costs of rent in London, there is not much left over after all the expenses are paid out....

ReputationRep:
    yes.. well i have been

i chose to live in halls at DMU and they wanted £1337 as the first installment..

thing is.. they want it before the student loan comes in.. so it has to come from your own money

after i found that out.. i did intense over time and saved £2000 in around 3 months

im still saving now and all the extra money i have left over is going to my driving lessons which i plan to take while i at uni hopoefully.

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to save but passing my driving test, turning 18 and many many sales at lakeside have meant I've completely rinsed my savings funds! It's all about the part time job at uni I guess. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to get into drama school, to start next year... so I'm hoping to save about 19k since i start a job from august 17th (YAY, me)... and 1/3 of that going into drama school hopefully.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.