Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I normally class myself as straight and have gone out with girls but recently I have started having feelings for my male friend.

He is the ONLY guy in the world that I want to sleep with me, so am I bisexual or am I confused and I dont actually fancy him?

ReputationRep:
    It might just be a man crush or strong feelings of admiration?
    Its quite common though, I wouldn't worry about it.
    I don't think it makes you gay - esp if he's the only guy you would like to have sex with.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you have to put a label on yourself?

ReputationRep:
    i'd say you're just confused and i wouldn't label yourself as bi
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm bi - get the best of both worlds. But this certainly doesn't make you bi/gay. Just one of those things. Don't dwell on it and make it more serious than it is.

If you want to go there, do. If not, don't. Simple. As fallen_angel9 said, don't feel the need to label yourself. Makes life boring.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what your sexuality is. You don't have to put a label on it so early in life.
    If you fancy him, then that's fine. If he fancies you, go for it! You might be able to find out whether you are actually Bi or not

Either way, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just Bi-Curious?
    Unless you have a really strong desire act upon it then i wouldnt say it does.

ReputationRep:
    Until you have sex with him you won't know if you sexually like him. If you like the experience of having sex with a man, then you're bi. If not, you could just be emotionally attached to him in which case you'd be like really good buddies, or you might just think he's good looking that's all but don't want to have a sexual relationship.

ReputationRep:
    bi-curious maybe?

If this is 1st encounter, then its just a crush, or admiration. I'd call it a 'phase' Theres prob been a lot of people having the same as you, then automatically thinking that their bisexual or something. Tbh it doesn't matter if you are, but just take this with a pinch of salt and it should pass

ReputationRep:
    As people have said, don't feel you have to label yourself. But the fact that you're asking the question suggests that you want a conclusive answer. But if you don't quite understand your sexuality we're going to have even less of an idea :s

It's probably best to see how your feelings develop over the coming months and years. If you start to fancy other men and continue to fancy women then you would be bi. As it stands though, i doubt most people would class being attracted to only one member of the same sex as bi.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.