Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really don't like my eyebrows! watch

ReputationRep:
    By nature they are really thick, but I pluck them practically every day to try keep them in their shape/neat, so they are kinda thin. My problems with them are that each of the hairs are so long (about as long as one of my eyelashes) and dark it really stands out—one of my guy friends even asked me if I put masscara on them! Do I need a different shape to my eyebrows to make them less noticeable or to make them even thinner in places?

Also, they grow back really quickly, no joke if I left them 2 weeks there'd practically be no shape to them any more. Will waxing help it at all? I assumed not as plucking is from the roots.

I'll include pics if that helps.

Help definitely needed! Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    not sure about this, but I thought that some people also trim some of the longer hairs that they don't pluck out? :dontknow:

Could go ask a professional salon. I have friends who get their eyebrows done professionally, and they always assure me it's not too expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roses)
    By nature they are really thick, but I pluck them practically every day to try keep them in their shape/neat, so they are kinda thin. My problems with them are that each of the hairs are so long (about as long as one of my eyelashes) and dark it really stands out—one of my guy friends even asked me if I put masscara on them! Do I need a different shape to my eyebrows to make them less noticeable or to make them even thinner in places?

Also, they grow back really quickly, no joke if I left them 2 weeks there'd practically be no shape to them any more. Will waxing help it at all? I assumed not as plucking is from the roots.

I'll include pics if that helps.

Help definitely needed! Thanks in advance
    Pics always help!

ReputationRep:
    Yea it may be best to go professional. You could also try threading, which gives a really soft shape. And I guess you could trim the long hairs, but maybe go to a beautician first

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could try using a beard trimmer to make them shorter?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you should get them shaped professionally. I'd like to see pics though, I think strong brows can look incredibly sexy, as long as they're not massive caterpillars!

ReputationRep:
    I get mine threaded, they're horrendously bushy when not! And the professionals always give the middle ones (i.e. the ones that they don't thread off) a little trim too. Only costs £3 or 4 pounds once every 5 weeks or so!

ReputationRep:
    depends how bad they are. If they're awful, then get rid of ur eyebrows altogether and pencil em in lol jus jokin. I like pluking my eyebrows, it feels nice.

ReputationRep:
    i trim some hairs with nail scissors, normal scissors make it pretty hard to reach the hairs you want and can lead to mistakes/bald patches!

it's probably best, as the others have said, to visit a salon. it's cheap, my friend gets hers done for £3, so shop around.

i'm not sure about the plucking vs waxing thing, my thinking is that waxing might work better for you because then the hairs will be removed at the same time, so technically you should be hair free for a week at least.

ReputationRep:
    get them threaded! last longer I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get them done professionally and then do the upkeep yourself. Dark, heavy eyebrows look fantastic if they are well-shaped.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone

Not sure how big to make these pictures (on my phone they come out huuuuge) but here we go.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    As I think someone else said, I would have a go at trimming, but I'm well worried that it would turn out wrong I'll check out threading

ReputationRep:
    looks gd u know

________________________________ ________________________________ _______

2pacs outlaw napolean talks about his lyfe with and after 2pac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqIeX...layer_embedded

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the quick replies everyone

Not sure how big to make these pictures (on my phone they come out huuuuge) but here we go.

Spoiler:
    Show

you must be going crazy girl, they are absolutely pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    you must be going crazy girl, they are absolutely pretty
    Even with blonde hair? :p:

ReputationRep:
    you have really pretty eyes, and your eyebrows are a really nice shape - although i would say the smallest bit overplucked.
    i have thick brows naturally that i pluck a bit, but i also trim them to keep them nice and obedient. however i think you don't need to trim your hairs at all, don;t listen to silly boys.

you just need to like brush them. i know that sounds really weird but use one of those tiny brushes and the teeniest bit of vaseline to keep them all smooth and tidy. only the smallest bit though, otherwise they will look all greasy.

ReputationRep:
    Even with blonde hair? :p:
    yea, duhh
    the whole look in the pics is gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherin)
    you have really pretty eyes, and your eyebrows are a really nice shape - although i would say the smallest bit overplucked.
    i have thick brows naturally that i pluck a bit, but i also trim them to keep them nice and obedient. however i think you don't need to trim your hairs at all, don;t listen to silly boys.

you just need to like brush them. i know that sounds really weird but use one of those tiny brushes and the teeniest bit of vaseline to keep them all smooth and tidy. only the smallest bit though, otherwise they will look all greasy.
    Ah yeah I know what you mean, I do have a brush but I never use it :p:, that would probably look a lot better. Thanks for the advice

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.