Turn on thread page Beta

Vauxhall Corsa Door Dent / Scratch... watch

ReputationRep:
    Right...so was away this weekend up in the Midlands..and during the trip managed to dent/scratch the paint of my left door...picture attached...and I was wondering what the best course of action would be to solve this..?

Anyone got any good dealers (franchised) to recommend..?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Well, the whole panel will come off and be beaten back to shape and resprayed, which looking at the pic, it's black, which means = easier colour amalgamation. So I wouldn't be too worried about where you ago as long as there half competent.

Price from back-street will probably be around a couple to three hundred pound.

From a main manufacturer, franchise or not, you're looking a higher cost.

ReputationRep:
    You crashed it already G?! Tut tut.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Né Stig)
    Well, the whole panel will come off and be beaten back to shape and resprayed, which looking at the pic, it's black, which means = easier colour amalgamation. So I wouldn't be too worried about where you ago as long as there half competent.

Price from back-street will probably be around a couple to three hundred pound.

From a main manufacturer, franchise or not, you're looking a higher cost.
    Cheers for the input!

(Original post by cRaig)
    You crashed it already G?! Tut tut.. :p:
    Yeah, unfortunately, whilst reversing on Dom's drive way!! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Cheers for the input!

Yeah, unfortunately, whilst reversing on Dom's drive way!! :o:

Ahh, clearly Dom's fault then, I understand.. ;p

ReputationRep:
    Has it left any denting?
    If not you could always repair yourself with a bit of patience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cRaig)
    Ahh, clearly Dom's fault then, I understand.. ;p
    Nah...wasn't his fault at all...

(Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    Has it left any denting?
    If not you could always repair yourself with a bit of patience
    Yep, due to the shape of the bottom panel of the Corsa door, a dent can easily be seen...so need to get that removed... :o:

ReputationRep:
    oooo I like this thread..I have a vauxhall corsa too and have managed to scratch 3 of the doors
    I went to a back(ish) street garage to go and see about getting a new door but they said it would cost about a grand...so I wouldn't bother trying that

they suggested looking on ebay/in scrap yards to see if there are any of the right door knocking about
    but then again yours probably isn't worth getting a new door, I just got them to bang the dent out of mine and it was relatively cheap

ReputationRep:
    http://www.smartabc.co.uk/what-we-can-repair.php

I have just found this site too, see if it would be any good to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Nah...wasn't his fault at all...

Yep, due to the shape of the bottom panel of the Corsa door, a dent can easily be seen...so need to get that removed... :o:
    Hmmm, if you aren't confident removing the pannel and beating out the dent then pay someone to do this part.

Personally then I would repair the scratch myself... it isn't that difficult, i've repaired bodywork on many occasion as well as refurbishing alloy wheels. Just need sandpaper, primer, paint, lacquer and a whole lot of patience. It'll save you a few hundred quid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 4, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.