Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right...so was away this weekend up in the Midlands..and during the trip managed to dent/scratch the paint of my left door...picture attached...and I was wondering what the best course of action would be to solve this..?

Anyone got any good dealers (franchised) to recommend..?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Well, the whole panel will come off and be beaten back to shape and resprayed, which looking at the pic, it's black, which means = easier colour amalgamation. So I wouldn't be too worried about where you ago as long as there half competent.

Price from back-street will probably be around a couple to three hundred pound.

From a main manufacturer, franchise or not, you're looking a higher cost.

ReputationRep:
    You crashed it already G?! Tut tut.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Né Stig)
    Well, the whole panel will come off and be beaten back to shape and resprayed, which looking at the pic, it's black, which means = easier colour amalgamation. So I wouldn't be too worried about where you ago as long as there half competent.

Price from back-street will probably be around a couple to three hundred pound.

From a main manufacturer, franchise or not, you're looking a higher cost.
    Cheers for the input!

(Original post by cRaig)
    You crashed it already G?! Tut tut.. :p:
    Yeah, unfortunately, whilst reversing on Dom's drive way!! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Cheers for the input!

Yeah, unfortunately, whilst reversing on Dom's drive way!! :o:

Ahh, clearly Dom's fault then, I understand.. ;p

ReputationRep:
    Has it left any denting?
    If not you could always repair yourself with a bit of patience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cRaig)
    Ahh, clearly Dom's fault then, I understand.. ;p
    Nah...wasn't his fault at all...

(Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    Has it left any denting?
    If not you could always repair yourself with a bit of patience
    Yep, due to the shape of the bottom panel of the Corsa door, a dent can easily be seen...so need to get that removed... :o:

ReputationRep:
    oooo I like this thread..I have a vauxhall corsa too and have managed to scratch 3 of the doors
    I went to a back(ish) street garage to go and see about getting a new door but they said it would cost about a grand...so I wouldn't bother trying that

they suggested looking on ebay/in scrap yards to see if there are any of the right door knocking about
    but then again yours probably isn't worth getting a new door, I just got them to bang the dent out of mine and it was relatively cheap

ReputationRep:
    http://www.smartabc.co.uk/what-we-can-repair.php

I have just found this site too, see if it would be any good to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GεεRTHAN)
    Nah...wasn't his fault at all...

Yep, due to the shape of the bottom panel of the Corsa door, a dent can easily be seen...so need to get that removed... :o:
    Hmmm, if you aren't confident removing the pannel and beating out the dent then pay someone to do this part.

Personally then I would repair the scratch myself... it isn't that difficult, i've repaired bodywork on many occasion as well as refurbishing alloy wheels. Just need sandpaper, primer, paint, lacquer and a whole lot of patience. It'll save you a few hundred quid.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.