Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been looking at pictures of Darroch Court on Flickr and it seems to suggest that the beds come with a spare matress under them. Is this true?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone out there?

ReputationRep:
    This is true (at least it was when I was there), the beds fold out in to doubles - I think this is for when they rent them out during the Summer, more money and such. A few people did it when I was living there, but it does basically take up the whole room. Some rooms work better than others for it - I was in a corner, fairly narrow room, so it wasn't really an option. Don't rely on it or base any decisions purely on the extra mattress!

ReputationRep:
    Also some of them are locked so you can't access them for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, forgot about that - the bottom mattress does tend to be padlocked. Not that that stopped people

ReputationRep:
    haha this just reminded me of when we tried to open my friends by breaking the padlock whilst drunk, it sprang open and smacked him in the face because we were all leaning over it...
    and then it took up the entire room (as has been said) so we then spent the same amount of time trying to get it back together again.

ReputationRep:
    Are all bed in Darroch Court single? Or are some double, as I need to buy bedding..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.