Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For scars, take Vitamin E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Some people really need to know the true meaning of acne; and not moan about little things. some people severely suffer from it and you get one or two people moaning about a few little spots. The word is so overused; so annoying!
    lol trust me i have it

but yeh, bAsed on the replies i shud stop being lazy n go see the GP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessfiona)
    Don't put bio-oil on ur face unless u want breakouts!

Do u get peter thomas roth max complexion correction pads in uk? they have 2% salcylic acid and 10% glycolic acid and they do wonders and preventing new breakouts, clearing up existing blemishes and fading old marks. I've been using them for less than 10 days and already my clogged pores are unclogged, no new breakouts, old scars faded a little and skin is soooo soft and smooth.

Also, u can try microdermabrasion or a peel like glycolic acid at a salon/spa. there is downtime with the peels but they work real well so it's worth it like before heading back to school.

In the US (where i'm frm) we have two brands, murad and philosophy. they make real good products for acne and general skin care. u might want to see if they have those in the uk.

good luck!
    The Peter Thomas Roth Max things sound interesting - have never heard of them before.
    I tried Murad stuff and quite liked it, but sadly it improved my skin enormously at first and then the effects plateaued out before it had kind of finished improving my skin as much as it needed, if you see what I mean. Shame that.
    As for Philosophy - not a big fan (though I've never tried their skincare - just their shower gel and body lotion).

ReputationRep:
    I too suffer from acne scars.
    I use lemon juice on my face as a cleanser. It does sting at first but any spots I do have tend to dry up much quicker than they would if left to their own devices. And as someone else said it's supposed to act as a natural bleach.
    Additionally I rub Vitamin E Oil [ensure it's 100% vitamin E oil with nothing else added to it] every night and take Vitamin E capsules internally once a day.
    Acne scars should fade in time, but I do this just to increase the rate of progress.

This regime works for me, indeed my skin hasn't looked this good in ages [it's not perfect by any means, but much better]. Of course everyone's skin reacts to treatments differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    Blimey, if I put lemon juice on my face it would turn into one big red angry sore. Can't say I recommend that for sensitive skin.
    Oh, yes, ouch! I forgot to mention that that particular home remedie is probably not for sensitive skin :')

ReputationRep:
    I had tryed almost everything everyone had suggested when I was younger and NONE of them worked.

Accept a lotion/gel called Ketsugo. Find it on the internet. It changed my life. And I mean that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.