Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance Application question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, you'd think by my third year of applying I'd of got the idea by now... Apparently not!

Basically I applied online about a month ago, and it said I did not need to submit my parents financial details as they already had them from last year. (I am income assessed) Brilliant I thought. However, when I got to the end of the application and clicked submit it came up saying "error... blah blah, retry in 24 hours". But then I received an email saying my application had been submitted etc etc. Upon checking my account on student finance it says that they are awaiting information from my parent/spouse etc. Which confuses me somewhat seeing as it originally said I did not need to enter any new information. On the same page there is a link you click where parents/spouses etc can 'support an application', should I do this and put the information in? Is this what my mother is doing 'supporting my application'?! I really am not sure!

Or should I just give student finance a call.. something I am somewhat reluctant to do, seeing how annoyingly rubbish they are.

ReputationRep:
    Call, mines kinda similar;

'4th Year of Student Finance applications and yes Ive had problems before but this is beyond a joke.

1. I tried to apply online but they were sending out an error message for days, phoned they said to apply in paper.

2. Applied on paper as a continuing student for everything incl. income assessed, not needing to do anything more but get parents signatures as supplied parents financial details previously.

3. Got non-means tested assessment in the post, thought Id wait for another as theyd been telling everyone they were doing it in stages.

4. Got a payment schedule letter - not part of their new over-applied system, phone SFE who say I should fill in a different form that their infor on main forms I shouldnt fill in and to not send evidence that the website is telling me I should give them. This is wrong information (found this out when I went to do what they said and the info on their site said different), phone SFE again and they say they were wrong but theres nothing they can do so phone LEA.

-Phone LEA who get my previous applications out and phone me back with double talk; 'last year we didnt have your financial information' 'should I fill in a form to send it in to get means tested?' 'no we already have it', AND, 'if you want I can reassess you for a bit more money for living away from home' 'but I dont live away from home' 'but if you ask me to I can assess you for living in halls so you get a bit more' 'but I dont live in halls' 'but if you..' 'i dont feel comfortable with something thats not true when things are already being messed up'.

So now I have to wait for a senior person to come back in and look through my application and *hopefully* income assess it so I have a normal maintenance loan. But of course this is all dependant on having the information they say they do and dont have.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apricot_Bea)
    Right, you'd think by my third year of applying I'd of got the idea by now... Apparently not!

Basically I applied online about a month ago, and it said I did not need to submit my parents financial details as they already had them from last year. (I am income assessed) Brilliant I thought. However, when I got to the end of the application and clicked submit it came up saying "error... blah blah, retry in 24 hours". But then I received an email saying my application had been submitted etc etc. Upon checking my account on student finance it says that they are awaiting information from my parent/spouse etc. Which confuses me somewhat seeing as it originally said I did not need to enter any new information. On the same page there is a link you click where parents/spouses etc can 'support an application', should I do this and put the information in? Is this what my mother is doing 'supporting my application'?! I really am not sure!

Or should I just give student finance a call.. something I am somewhat reluctant to do, seeing how annoyingly rubbish they are.
    You should call them. They've always been very helpful for me when I've had problems.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.