Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Finding an apartment in London watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I'm looking to rent an apartment in London and I'd appreciate some advice on:
    a) Where I can find an appartment that's reasonably priced
    b) ..and is in a safe area
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The suburbs of London are always more cheaper for rent and living costs (travelling - zones 3+ are cheaper, central is expensive) and I would recommend north london such as finchley, willesden, neasden, edgware although some of these places arent safe. Iv also lived in east london and theres cheap accomodation there too - £80/week for single room + food. BUT anywhere u go in london, no where is safe so .. u cant have it both ways really.

ReputationRep:
    Such as where?

I live in Kingston Upon Thames, 15 mins by train from central London and we're looking for a new flatmate

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's a pleasant coincidence! Lol. How many of you are there?

ReputationRep:
    The other thing I was concerned about are the little things that can trip you up when you're looking for a flat for the first time... such as the council tax, etc.
    If anyone has any tips on what to avoid please do let me know

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.