Turn on thread page Beta

Presenter sacked over radio 'rape scandal': watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Good decision, the whole idea was stupid and irresponsible in the first place. Wish there was some way for the idiotic and clearly uncaring mum to be punished too, but she probably won't be.

ReputationRep:
    a mistake on the guys part - probably didn't know WTF to say

mother was a tit

ReputationRep:
    I think the guy's a bit of a scapegoat in all of this to be honest although following up with "is this the only sexual experience you've had?" shows an appaling lack of tact although it was definitely in the heat of the moment.He shouldn't be sacked at all , but who should be in trouble are the show's researchers for not finding out about this before they came on air.

The mother was probably reading from a list of polygraph questions to ask but still I find the fact she had the temerity to ask such a thing staggering.

ReputationRep:
    unless it was publically known i dont see why the producers would ask if a teenager had been raped

its the idiotic mother at blame here

ReputationRep:
    The mother was stupid to do it, but I think it was right he was sacked. When a 14 year old girl admits on live radio she was raped at 12, you terminate the segment immediately. Heck, whoever sanctioned hooking children up to polygraph machines to ask them about their sex life shouldn't be allowed to control a radio station.

And I think eexcusing the presenter saying, "it was the heat of the moment" or "it was a knee-jerk reaction" is ridiculous. For one thing, a knee jerk reaction shouldn't be to continue questioning the girl about her sex life, it should be something like, "holy ****". For another, there's clearly a long pause when she makes her statement, which is more than enough time to consider your next sentence. He's either a disgusting person more concerned about his radio show than another human being, or incredibly idiotic and shouldn't be on the air anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Only in Australia

Lets be honest the place is basically Essex on an Island
    This.

Though it is unfair the presenter lost his job. Quite funny though...

ReputationRep:
    The mother is the one who crossed the line, not the radio show.
    Stupid wench should have used more common sense than that.

I like how Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd got involved too.
    Is there anything politicians won't stick their big noses into? Anyway Kevin Rudd is a numpty.

ReputationRep:
    The mother should be shot for putting her daughter in that position.

ReputationRep:
    It's horrible that. Anyone know the background to the story like why she was on that thing on the first place and anything about the rape?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.