Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TribeSpirit)
    Meh, that's been on the cards for ages...I like it
    I can't imagine how bad it would be to be married to Ian or Zainab
    True, i think him and jane would make a good couple but then again the wole family ties thing. Lulz i wouldnt be able to stand someone like zainab

ReputationRep:
    Ian is truly heartless and a marriage involving him would only ever work if his partner was Money. I don't know how Jane puts up with him.

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought Masood and Jane would be a good couple. I hope they run off together.

ReputationRep:
    So Syed, someone who's never drank before, has drank a whole bottle of vodka and still looks fine. I'd expect him to be on the floor.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I said I saw hope in Masood :bigsmile:

edit: Zainab :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh what a thing to tell your own son.

ReputationRep:
    What a lovely mother.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well at least she got caught saying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    What a lovely mother.
    I critically missed the last bit :|

What did she say ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futurdoc)
    I critically missed the last bit :|

What did she say ?
    In simple words that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Homosexuality is a disease that he can't get rid off and therefore it would have been better if Masood hadn't of found him and he'd died

ReputationRep:
    And he heard her along with masood and the other one lol

WAH, so friggin good

ReputationRep:
    OMG Zainab is beginning to really piss me off.

She gets all these chances! Just when Masood was willing to stay with her, she decided her son would be better off dead. Maybe some people genuinely think like that, maybe it has been so deeply entrenched into her by her culture that homosexuality os the worst thing that can happen to a person, and maybe in some twisted way she believes he'd be better off dead because of her love for him. That doesn't change the fact that it was damn foolish of her to say those things out loud without even looking to see who was there first.

Sense fail.

Syed will probably try and kill himself again. But then, all he really had to do was not marry Amira when he realised he was in love with Christian. They could have run away together or something. Yes, the family would be disappointed that he had abandoned them, but at least he and them wouldn't have to suffer such consequences of his sexuality. Not that it's right the way he has been ostracised by the community, but if I was in his predicament, I would have known what things would be like, and tried to do something to cause the least negative solutions. But then, that's not the Eastenderly way, is it?

wtf am I doing here, must revise.....

Now that was hateful. Even for Zainab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    In simple words that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Homosexuality is a disease that he can't get rid off and therefore it would have been better if Masood hadn't of found him and he'd died
    :O

And he was awake :O

ReputationRep:
    Zainab is a ******* *****! How dare she say such a cruel thing, im so glad masood was standing right behin her i hope he gets rid of her because he can do some much better.

I dont understand why she's acting as if it's a disease, would she rather have be a rapist :confused: stupid woman

And the whole syed drinking thing was random,he never drank before in his life but seemed to take it well lulz

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or has the plot really just gone too far?

I know they're trying to make a point about the way that some Muslims are trapped, but surely this is all just going to add to the tension in our society against any other culture. It's gone on for so long now, without any break in the negative, that it seems to be an entire protest against anyone of Islam.

Anyone else agree? This is not here to spark anti-Muslim drivel, but to discuss the validity of the plot.

Just to clarify; I am not personally religious but don't have any problems with anyone's beliefs, so I thought I should mention that before someone negative calls my own views into question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    It's comical the way East London is portrayed in Eastenders. Why does everyone speak English, for one? In the real East London you stop an average person on the street and there's a good chance they won't be able to understand you. And why is there only one Muslim family? And why is the one Muslim family so Angocized? Why isn't the mother walking around in a Burka/Hijab?

I don't recognise East London is Eastenders at all. It's more like a square in large town in Essex.
    Sorry to drag up this old thread it came up as related to one of mine :p:

But the BEST thing I find is that "Albert Square" is actually in North West London :L lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billinge1991)
    Is it just me, or has the plot really just gone too far?

I know they're trying to make a point about the way that some Muslims are trapped, but surely this is all just going to add to the tension in our society against any other culture. It's gone on for so long now, without any break in the negative, that it seems to be an entire protest against anyone of Islam.

Anyone else agree? This is not here to spark anti-Muslim drivel, but to discuss the validity of the plot.

Just to clarify; I am not personally religious but don't have any problems with anyone's beliefs, so I thought I should mention that before someone negative calls my own views into question.
    I don't think they're portraying the 'muslim family' in the right way.
    Yes, it has gone too far, a lot of muslims i know are disgusted by the way muslims are portrayed in the soap.
    I personally think they haven't researched it properly, and they're just going to twist the plot further and further, to the point where it's not going to have any aspect of islam in it anymore.
    All it really shows is how 'homosexuality' isn't condoned in islam.
    What about all the other things muslims stand for?
    They just axe them/.

ReputationRep:
    The masood and zainab thing is really not a thing that happens in muslim families

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0201Bean)
    I don't think they're portraying the 'muslim family' in the right way.
    Yes, it has gone too far, a lot of muslims i know are disgusted by the way muslims are portrayed in the soap.
    I personally think they haven't researched it properly, and they're just going to twist the plot further and further, to the point where it's not going to have any aspect of islam in it anymore.
    All it really shows is how 'homosexuality' isn't condoned in islam.
    What about all the other things muslims stand for?
    They just axe them/.
    I know, it's ridiculous. I know there are a lot of anti-homosexual muslim activists, but we have those in every other religion too!

I mean, look at that thing with the B&Bs in the news a while back. The person who wrote the plot clearly has a lot of issues. Oh, and I think it works out as roughly once a year someone (usually Christian) is gaybashed and shows up in a bloody heap on the floor. Yeah, the producers have issues

p.s. love the subtle name 'Christian' for the guy an Islamic homosexual falls in love with. Well though through.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.