Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    The masood and zainab thing is really not a thing that happens in muslim families
    That annoyed me, no muslim husband would run away from four children.
    edit: *shouldn't*

ReputationRep:
    I few pointers:

• I don’t know about any else but when I was a Muslim and I used to go to the mosque, even if I had committed the worst act ever. I would’ve never been stopped from entering the mosque. There seems to be a cultural, religious mix. As long as I am trying to repent, I would be allowed in.
    • Why is Massods wearing a necklace? From my understanding of Islam it was harem for the males.

They could’ve represent the AVERAGE Islamic family better. Whereas they represented the AVERAGE (arguably) south east Asian family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    I few pointers:

I don’t know about any else but when I was a Muslim and I used to go to the mosque, even if I had committed the worst act ever. I would’ve never been stopped from entering the mosque. There seems to be a cultural, religious mix. As long as I am trying to repent, I would be allowed in.
    Why is Massods wearing a necklace? From my understanding of Islam it was harem for the males.

They could’ve represent the AVERAGE Islamic family. Whereas they represented the AVERAGE (arguably) south east Asian family?
    So what made you turn away from Islam? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, TBH... they portray londoners as being a miserable, backstabbing down and out bunch but nobody seems interested in that unless race is involved. My personal thoughts are that it's more about how Zainab as a person is angry and twisted, not Zainab as a Muslim - though she hides behind her faith and does things that aren't really what her faith would condone, iyswim? I think she's an extreme, and they do exist... but the problem here is, do we never portray the extremes through risk of offending?

That said, if Sayid came out after all his worries and the muslim community embraced him and carried on as usual... it would be a very dull and completely redundant plotline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0201Bean)
    So what made you turn away from Islam? :rolleyes:
    I’ll pm you, if you’re interested. And why the rolling of the eyes? Why can’t someone turn away from Islam? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So you muslims want only positive things displayed about your religion? You might want to look for your pro-islam propaganda else where.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest...this is Eastenders. IF they represented any family normally then I don't think anyone would watch it.

I doubt any family on there, really represents an average family.

I don't really look at Ian Beale and think his family represents the average family.

ReputationRep:
    I few pointers:

• I don’t know about any else but when I was a Muslim and I used to go to the mosque, even if I had committed the worst act ever. I would’ve never been stopped from entering the mosque. There seems to be a cultural, religious mix. As long as I am trying to repent, I would be allowed in.
    • Why is Massods wearing a necklace? From my understanding of Islam it was harem for the males.

They could’ve represent the AVERAGE Islamic family better. Whereas they represented the AVERAGE (arguably) south east Asian family?
    gold necklaces are haram, and neclaces for decoration are also haram, but if it has a verse from the qur'an for example, then it is allowed

ReputationRep:
    I few pointers:

when was syed barred from the mosque?

ReputationRep:
    I’ll pm you, if you’re interested. And why the rolling of the eyes? Why can’t someone turn away from Islam? :rolleyes:
    I'm PM'd you the same question and you never replied :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    So you muslims want only positive things displayed about your religion? You might want to look for your pro-islam propaganda else where.
    more of a realistic portrayal of muslim or even pakistani families would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maljebo)
    gold necklaces are haram, and neclaces for decoration are also haram, but if it has a verse from the qur'an for example, then it is allowed
    No. Many sunni scholars explicitly stated that any form of necklaces is harem whether it is Gold or sliver has Allahs name or the devils. It is mushaba. I don’t know how to explain the meaning of that word. It is basically a word that describes men who imitate women.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) declared that a woman should not wear a man's clothing or vice versa. He cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men. (Reported by Al-Bukhari and others.) Aspects of such imitation include the manner of speaking, walking, dressing, moving and so on.

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...#ixzz0nuSyExWt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    I'm PM'd you the same question and you never replied :confused:
    I didn’t receive/know about it then. I will send you one as well.

ReputationRep:
    So what do muslim parents/families do if one of their children turns out to be gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meebodied)
    Because it begun 30 years ago, when the east end was much more like that.

And it is a programme, therefore it isn't real.
    Exactly. But now most of the cockney scum have moved to Essex to get away from the darkies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    when was syed barred from the mosque?
    I think tuesdays episode.

ReputationRep:
    No. Many sunni scholars explicitly stated that any form of necklaces is harem whether it is Gold or sliver has Allahs name or the devils. It is mushaba. I don’t know how to explain the meaning of that word. It is basically a word that describes men who imitate women.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) declared that a woman should not wear a man's clothing or vice versa. He cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men. (Reported by Al-Bukhari and others.) Aspects of such imitation include the manner of speaking, walking, dressing, moving and so on.

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...#ixzz0nuSyExWt
    Same in Shi'ism. Necklaces aren't allowed, but male jewelry like chains are.

ReputationRep:
    I few pointers:

Everything seems to be haram in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Same in Shi'ism. Necklaces aren't allowed, but male jewelry like chains are.
    Well I have seen sunnis claiming that is also constitutes as female imitation, thus banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic_007)
    Everything seems to be haram in Islam.
    Aren’t you a Muslim?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.