12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Peggys is fit. She maybe old enough to be gran, but she certainly erects t
    the ol' harbour.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bless ya

ReputationRep:
    Daniella is UGLY but who says you have to be good looking to play the part, Ross Kemp and Steve McFadden don't do a lot for me either. Why would two spud heads like them have a glamorous sister?

ReputationRep:
    I wish Eastenders would play Kim Medcalf as same character cos Kim Medcalf is so hot.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Kim Medcalf

ReputationRep:
    How surprising,

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...how-again.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    How surprising,

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...how-again.html
    Init lol good thing cos she is so boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Init lol good thing cos she is so boring.
    Couldn't agree more, they've pretty much wasted their time bringing her back - it's clear the majority of viewers hate her and prefer Kim Medcalfe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    Couldn't agree more, they've pretty much wasted their time bringing her back - it's clear the majority of viewers hate her and prefer Kim Medcalfe.
    Yeah i know, but now it good time to end Sam character so that's why they bringing her in so at the end of day there won't be no more Sam again.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Sam had an unfinished story (which tbh, most people had forgotten about), and they brought her back to finish it off. Her contract with the BBC was only for 3 months - she wasn't "sacked" as The Sun put it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't they'd ruled out her returning either?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the majority of fans preferred Kim Medcalfe.
    There are a lot of die hard fans who have been watching EE for decades.
    They remember Daniella Westbrook as a teenage Sam so it's quite nostalgic for them.

But yeah, bringing her back was pointless and just makes the whole Ricky/Bianca crap frustrating.
    The producers want it to be 1995. Honestly, anybody that's not dead is a possible returnee.
    They already did the returning from the dead rubbish with Den Watts and sort of with Cindy Beale so I think we are safe for that not to happen again.

ReputationRep:
    I think that Kim was a more Glam Sam but Daniella makes it more realistic, let's face it Phil and Grant are both a a couple of bruisers so why whould they have a tastefully glammed up, beautiful sister?

ReputationRep:
    Daniella looks more like Peggy. I think if they are gonna spend so much money on a show they should cast families to look like eachother. I mean who are Lauren Branning's real parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ½+½)
    Daniella looks more like Peggy. I think if they are gonna spend so much money on a show they should cast families to look like eachother. I mean who are Lauren Branning's real parents?
    I know what you mean, if I remember rightly the second girl that played Janine was Greek or something

ReputationRep:
    MODS - Please do not move to the TV section. This is a serious matter for General Discussion ok.

Ok big rant... deep breaths.

WHAT THE *HELL* IS WRONG WITH EASTENDERS THESE DAYS.

I used to watch it a few years ago when it was admittedly really bad. Then I stopped watching it and now I am bored and on a year out I have started watching it again.

I *SWEAR* I am going to implode in a vicious fit of despair and hopelessness if I have to watch what is seemingly become 'Grange Hill' every night. WTF is with the Peter Beale and Lauren storyline. I am 19 years old and most people watching the show are probably older than 14/15. What is with the *HUGE* focus on these two teenagers.

Yes yes I know it's a storyline about underage sex etc. But I don't give a **** about that stuff - can't the BBC put those sorts of things in its shows actually aimed at that audience like Byker Groves or whatever it is.

I feel so childish watching a show that is revolving around two fifteen year olds. It's ridiculous.

And don't get me started on bringing back Sam Mitchell. Who on *EARTH* thought hiring Daniella Westbrooke was the idea of the century. Kim Medcalf portrayed Sam wonderfully. And then they bring back Daniella who - no offense to her - really hasn't aged well through all the drug abuse. And we're supposed to see her as the Walford golden girl. Wtf. No.

And then there's the gay Muslim stoyline. Yes the actor is really hot. But ffs how much more outlandish can you get.

What Eastenders needs is a good long break. Maybe a year. During this time the storywriters should take the time to plan some really great storylines and hire better actors. e.g. bring Chrissie Watts back - Tracey Ann Doberman was a fantastic actress and totally underused - and her storyline was never finished very well.

Half of the cast should be fired - think people like Charlie Slater and Mo Harris... the entire Fox family as well as Lucas...

The *ONLY* positive thing I have seen on this show has been the revival of Janine. She's a fantastic character but I'm not so sure about her sidekick.

Oh and while I'm at it - STOP WITH THE GANGSTER storylines PLEASE. We had enough of that with Johnny Allen and Ruby... I'm *SO* glad that Archie is leaving.

Whatever happened to Shirley and Heather - I haven't seen them for AGES ! They were actually a good combination IMO.

Do you want to know what else really ***** me off? I've already alluded to it - but it's the sheer amount of CHILDREN in the show. 70 per cent of the Jackson family... Peter and Lucy Beale... Abi and Lauren Branning... Lucas' son... Libby... Ben... the list is endless. I'm not paying a license fee for what is supposed to be a prime-time show being ruined by the **** child actors that are changing this show into their very own CBBC slot.

Can't we have a return to storylines that are vaguely intriguing and maybe even slightly intellectual :rolleyes: What the show needs is more realistic child-abuse plots - the Stella/Ben storyline was excellent in my opinion and such a shame it ended early. STOP with the pregnancies - they're dull. We don't want more kids in this show. In fact - maybe some of the children ought to be killed off. They can start with Abi Branning - ffs that girl got hit by a van and discovered a dead corpse - shouldn't the girl be dead with trauma already???

Wife swapping - um NO Eastenders NO. A part of my respiratory system collapsed as I gasped in horror at this ridiculous plot last week. Wife swapping. ***** please - noone does that in real life except at underground 'key' parties. The whole thing looked overly-contrived and comical. This show has truly gone to the dogs ok?

Bi-polar Stacey - I actually think the producers have done this plot quite effectively and have clearly researched the condition. However - stop overdoing the euphoria she experiences when not taking her medication. It's not believeable at all.

Stop stereotyping - they've done it before and WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT they've done it again. e.g. all black people are oversexed druggies - what happened to Trina... yeh man she was smacked up on ''gear'' and found a shallow grave in the allotments shortly after seducing and having rampant sex with her born-again estranged Christian husband... hmmmm.

Ok rant over -your thoughts please.

ReputationRep:
    It's a TV show. Calm the **** down and post in the right forum. Topic closed.

ReputationRep:
    I agree in part... Kim Medcalf is way hawter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Necro Defain)
    I agree in part... Kim Medcalf is way hawter!
    Exactly. And much more professional and skilled.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even watch the program but that is a legendary post.

ReputationRep:
    Leave Charlie alone. He's a pimp maaaan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.