Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    I hate any of the storylines to do with kids, what makes it worse is that hardly any of them can act. I say get rid of all of them apart from Tiffany. Jordan and Morgan act like their reading it off a piece of paper or something!! Umm what else...I hate that they brought back Daniella Westfield (or whatever the **** her name is) she's meant to be this young character but she looks like she's reaching her 50's, i want the other Sam back. I thought that whole russian thing with charlie was stupid and i want libby gone because she fails to wear a bra!! doesn't anyone else realise this :rofl:. I also have a feeling that ben is going to be gay (next storyline) dont ask me why and i know these storylines are overdone now. The only one i liked was the one in hollyoaks between craig and jean paul (that show too has gone DOWN HILL!).

Ever since they killed off Danielle I dont really take eastenders storylines seriously anymore tbh. Also trina's death was a joke, I found it funny and silly especially since Lucas is mean to be very religious :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    Heather's pregnant :eek:
    It's hard to tell whether or not she is I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Leave Charlie alone. He's a pimp maaaan.
    mm Jim's the main guy for me :love:

OP, don't watch it then. I agree that some of the storylines are just **** but they're not all bad. The Lauren/Peter thing hasn't been going on for ages.. it's been like, a week! (I cbf to comment on the other things but I agree that some of the old actors should come back, Stacey should be less happy and SAM MITCHELL NEEDS TO GET THE **** OFF MY SCREEN. I liked the "new" Sam, ie. the one they had a few years ago.)

The rest of it is fine, allow your face :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Last time I looked there was a gay dude with a tea towel slung over his shoulder making one liners like this, " tut tut, that Ian Beale.. he never learns!".

Is he still in the show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skysthelimit)
    ..i agree the storylines have become ridiculous.. so i'm watchinn hollyoaks instead

and may God have mercy on your soul :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undiscovery)
    Ok big rant... deep breaths.

Ok rant over -your thoughts please.
    Relax, it's the summer. I've been watching the show since the first episode and it always gets bad in the summer. It's when they tend to let the show tick over. They do plant the seeds for the Christmas storylines as well, so watching them develop can be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the uproar and the thousands of people saying they were angry and gonna stop watching when the girl died in the episode that Samantha Janus Mitchell found out she was her daughter, because it was so depressing.

1) It's Eastenders. You're watching it to be depressed. There is no such thing as happy ending or any long-term happiness. Everyone wants to die. Duh.

2) Why didn't you stop watching long ago? It's Eastenders. It's poor.

Psh. People.

ReputationRep:
    Who on *EARTH* thought hiring Daniella Westbrooke was the idea of the century. Kim Medcalf portrayed Sam wonderfully. And then they bring back Daniella who - no offense to her - really hasn't aged well through all the drug abuse. And we're supposed to see her as the Walford golden girl. Wtf. No.
    I think the whole point was for the nostalgia. TBH Kim should have never been cast as Sam. Recasting existing characters is lame, they should have killed her off instead.

And then there's the gay Muslim stoyline. Yes the actor is really hot. But ffs how much more outlandish can you get.
    The storyline is boring and Christian's pantomime acting is unbearable. Nuff said.

Half of the cast should be fired - think people like Charlie Slater and Mo Harris... the entire Fox family as well as Lucas...
    They need filler characters, those between storylines. Not everybody has drama going on in their lives all the time and they have a limited amount of screen time to fit it all in.

The *ONLY* positive thing I have seen on this show has been the revival of Janine. She's a fantastic character but I'm not so sure about her sidekick.
    Disagree with that. She's painful to watch... a one dimensional character that seems to be trying to scam everyone all the time. She killed Danielle... a lot of people would change in personality after such an event, but not Janine. She needs to be pushed down a mountain.

Stop stereotyping - they've done it before and WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT they've done it again. e.g. all black people are oversexed druggies - what happened to Trina... yeh man she was smacked up on ''gear'' and found a shallow grave in the allotments shortly after seducing and having rampant sex with her born-again estranged Christian husband... hmmmm.
    I don't think the Fox/Johnson family are all oversexed druggies... Libby, Denise, Lucas' son... Patrick? Trina was a druggie but so were plenty of other people in Eastenders history.

ReputationRep:
    Bi-polar Stacey - I actually think the producers have done this plot quite effectively and have clearly researched the condition. However - stop overdoing the euphoria she experiences when not taking her medication. It's not believeable at all.

Amen to that..

The BBC overexaggerates certain stages of Stacey's condition..

I have bipolar disorder and the way the BBC shows it makes people think Stacey is crazy.. It's hard to explain but you kind of get what I mean because you pointed that out.. Thanks anyway =)

ReputationRep:
    Come to the dark side.

Watch Coronation Street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KumakoXsd)
    Amen to that..

The BBC overexaggerates certain stages of Stacey's condition..

I have bipolar disorder and the way the BBC shows it makes people think Stacey is crazy.. It's hard to explain but you kind of get what I mean because you pointed that out.. Thanks anyway =)
    Yeh it's almost as though they are ridiculing the euphoric side of bi-polar... and it's really not funny at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it's almost as though they are ridiculing the euphoric side of bi-polar... and it's really not funny at all.
    I agree. Her euphoric side can also be one of her most productive sides but they're really showing her as someone who is so sexual when that is not always the case in bipolar patients.

ReputationRep:
    The only storylines I like are the Christian and Syed storyline (EE have been awful with giving it screentime which is probably part of why it seems so outlandish- how are we meant to believe they'll be in love on Tuesday when we've hardly seen them interact? But they're both pretty good actors and shallowness- Syed is hot) and Stacey's storyline. Couldn't care less about anything else. EE is a piece of **** but it has its moments of actually being a bit ok.

ReputationRep:
    Its a crap show. Except for Barry who was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skysthelimit)
    ..i agree the storylines have become ridiculous.. so i'm watchinn hollyoaks instead
    Dont even get me started on that :hmmm: I hate the whole Josh and his mates getting drunk everyday storyline and his new friend Dave

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you
    T
    I had forgot about Tracey Ann Doberman; she was a sexy actor in Eastenders! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but some of you people are forgetting about sexy yolande :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    In answer to your original post:

What the hell is wrong with Eastenders? Everything.
    What the hell is right with Eastenders? Nothing.

That programme has always been the biggest pile of turd known to mankind. Everything, I mean everything about it is dire. Makes me want to gnaw off one of my limbs if I have to sit through a minute of it.

Seriously, why would anyone watch something so utterly boring, badly acted, unrealistic, miserable and far-fetched? Everything about it is a joke. Makes me angry that it actually has any viewing figures above 0. :mad:

Sorry, this is a sensitive topic for me... obviously. :p: oh, and same applies to Hollyoaks. But I will save that for a relevant thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    In answer to your original post:

What the hell is wrong with Eastenders? Everything.
    What the hell is right with Eastenders? Nothing.

That programme has always been the biggest pile of turd known to mankind. Everything, I mean everything about it is dire. Makes me want to gnaw off one of my limbs if I have to sit through a minute of it.

Seriously, why would anyone watch something so utterly boring, badly acted, unrealistic, miserable and far-fetched? Everything about it is a joke. Makes me angry that it actually has any viewing figures above 0. :mad:

Sorry, this is a sensitive topic for me... obviously. :p: oh, and same applies to Hollyoaks. But I will save that for a relevant thread...
    I'm waiting for a thread about that for a massive rant

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Daniella Westbrook portrayed Sam really badly, I preferred Kim Medcalf to be honest. How on earth did Sam get out of Prison?:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.