Turn on thread page Beta

Megathread of Eastenders watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    Think EastEnders directors were being glassist. Gus should have applied to Oxbridge ages ago but look at where he ended up. Hell, they even axed the poor guy for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster1)
    they havent got their timeline accurate either, they took their gcses last year, and they have already applied for uni this year ?
    I thought that too The whole thing's slightly ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster1)
    they havent got their timeline accurate either, they took their gcses last year, and they have already applied for uni this year ?
    no.. they got their AS results in august so its right.. Libby got 4 A's, the other dude got 5 A's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    Most people won't really care/pay attention to this storyline; neither of them have been portrayed as particulary smart in the past (from what I've seen), so it'd be a bit too easy if they got into Oxbridge.

Didn't both Oxford and Cambridge encourage this storyline, as part of their desire to appeal to a different group of possible applicants?

I heard Cambridge were doing it in Coronation Street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    Didn't both Oxford and Cambridge encourage this storyline, as part of their desire to appeal to a different group of possible applicants?

0_o I hope not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Tamwar.
    Don't know him, googled him and came across this interestingly:

'in 2008, it was reported that Cambridge University wanted to shed its "elitist" image and approached the producers of Britain's three leading soaps, EastEnders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale, to include it in their storylines.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamwar_Masood

ReputationRep:
    the storyline is totally funny as it seems so unrealistic but they did take their AS last summer so the timeline is right but wat i don;t get is they got straight A's for AS so why is she so panicky now since she always gets A's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerulean)
    I heard Cambridge were doing it in Coronation Street.
    I thought so too

ReputationRep:
    Who is her neighbour? Not watched in months

ReputationRep:
    She clearly should have joined up to TSR.

We would have set her straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    Who is her neighbour? Not watched in months
    See my above posts.

ReputationRep:
    Who is Libby?

ReputationRep:
    What confused me is that I'm sure the other day Tamwar was talking as though he hadn't actually sent it off yet, even though a Cambridge Medicine application definately been in like, two weeks ago. It confused me somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. How pathetic. I thoguht that Oxbridge had made it clear now that not all of the students at Oxbridge are snobby Einsteins who dream only in maths everynight.

ReputationRep:
    I think she should stay in London, got some fine institutions here then she could stay at home and commute :yep:

ReputationRep:
    One minute the two teens (can't remember the boy‘s name) are applying to Oxford, then to Cambridge!
    For the love of god, make a decision

ReputationRep:
    you guys are thinking into things too much, its eastenders

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i saw this part of the episode and said the same thing to my mom.
    don't get me wrong she didn't give a **** but i knew the story didn't add up and i'm only in yr 12.
    ****, is this really how boring i am, moaning about the discrepancies on eastenders...
    ahh well

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, apparently the Oxford and Cambridge deadline doesn't apply to Tamwar. He changed his mind as to which university he wanted to apply to an episode or two ago, but it's sort of been a while since the deadline has passed.

I think it'd be a great storyline for him to try and apply now, and suddenly realise that the deadline is gone! Oh noes!

Idiots. If they're going to do something like this, they might as well do it right, instead of being all half-arsed about it. I also hate how they're making it seem as though it's either Oxford or Cambridge, or a really rubbish university. Obviously there aren't any other good unis around at all.

ReputationRep:
    The indian kid has apparently applied to cambridge and oxford too.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.