The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
I was expecting the big theme tune. Usually they play the sad music and then burst to the main theme (once a year).
Reply 4121
:sad:
Reply 4122
RedGuy
I was expecting the big theme tune. Usually they play the sad music and then burst to the main theme (once a year).

That's what I thought would happen :colondollar:

Awwww yesterday Peggy was annoying the **** out of me with her screeching and hatred towards Stacey, but I'm quite sad she's gone :frown:
good riddance!
Only watched the last 10 minutes due to Big Brother. Like I said about the change in Stacey's character earlier on, it's strange how Peggy leaves with nothing after being the Queen of the Square for so long. I personally would have had her die in the fire, but this ending wasn't bad either.

Nice touches with the completely empty Square and the credits rolling over the images (instead of the usual map of London), I can't remember the last time they did that. No annoying BBC guy as well mentioning the fact that "New Tricks will be on at 9pm".

With Kat and Alfie returning, Phil (hopefully) getting himself back together and Ben returning, it's like a new era is beginning immediately after one has ended. And I'm probably being too dramatic here...
I actually cried my eyes out :frown::bawling: It was so moving :cry2: I hope she makes a return some time in the future :moon:
I thought that it was bloody boring.

But yay for Ronnie! (if she's actually pregnant).

God I missed EE again...iplayer here I come.

*Sparkle*

Did your PC go on spaz mode or something? :p:
SirRamAlot
God I missed EE again...iplayer here I come.

Did your PC go on spaz mode or something? :p:

Nah it was just so boring I wanted to say it three times lol.

Forgot to say Phil Mitchell is awesome! Steve McFadden is amazing.
*Sparkle*

Forgot to say Phil Mitchell is awesome! Steve McFadden is amazing.

This. I thought it was so sad when Phil kept coming back to say bye to his mum, even with the drugs clouding things he still kept coming.
I wish Phil had died.
Am I the only one who thought Peggy was awesome when she nodded to stacey? in acknowledgement of the sacrifices stacey had to make for her own child and accepting that Archie deserved to die. That she as a mother can understand that will to protect and love, in light of all she has gone through with her own family. Very touching, even my mum who never liked her character thought she redeemed herself ha.

She came for her children and left for her children. Aw...

p.s imagine the emotion when Dot leaves the show!! she is like a grand mother to the nation...:frown:
dot will never leave
I thought it was really boring. =\
Wanted to turn it off at least 20mins in but didn't.:p:
Reply 4136
I dunno, I think Peggy's departure is something bigger than what Dot's would be? :colondollar: Personal opinion of course. Maybe it's cos of her loud, boisterous character that her lack of presence will be more noticeable.
Dot will become the world's oldest woman and stay on the show for infinity and beyond.
Omg it finally happened. :colonhash:
Missed the last few episodes but don't think I could have sat through them so I just caught up on iplayer, fast-forwarding stuff. :teeth:
Enchanté
I thought it was really boring. =\
Wanted to turn it off at least 20mins in but didn't.:p:

This.

I thought Babs was less panto in her leaving ep but I laughed so hard at the ending. Yeah, it wasn't a black cab but she was WALKING! :biggrin:

Overlong and overhyped imo. But I've never liked Peggy.

Latest