Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    Omg that episode was woah! I feel rather shaken up!

ReputationRep:
    So, so sad. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleebobs)
    Isn't Cyd meant to be a nurse?? Cos she isn't very caring or compassionate!!
    Thank you! I was actually shouting at her to f off and let Bradley and Stacey talk. You don't say OH YEAH YOU'RE NOT MARRIED TO HIM ANYMORE HAHA to someone in Stacey's state. What a cow. Though I can kind of see how annoying it would be to have an ex constantly in your bf's life. But still... the fact she had to drag him away from Stacey should tell her something. Namely: He don't want you! *clicks* :p:

That episode actually made me shake. So heartbreaking and gripping at the same time.
    Poor Stacey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Thank you! I was actually shouting at her to f off and let Bradley and Stacey talk. You don't say OH YEAH YOU'RE NOT MARRIED TO HIM ANYMORE HAHA to someone in Stacey's state. What a cow. Though I can kind of see how annoying it would be to have an ex constantly in your bf's life. But still... the fact she had to drag him away from Stacey should tell her something. Namely: He don't want you! *clicks* :p:

That episode actually made me shake. So heartbreaking and gripping at the same time.
    Poor Stacey.
    I totally agree!!! Her character should have realised that something wasn't right.
    It came across that medical staff/nurses etc don't know what to do, how to realise or react to mental health issues, which is totally unrealistic.

ReputationRep:

Poor Stacey.
    This pretty much hits the nail on the head!

Poor Bradley wanted to stay and help and he wasn't even given a chance. I reckon he'll be back in the square before we know it! Too much unfinished business!

ReputationRep:
    That episode was so sad

COuld have done without the Ronnie rubbish though.

ReputationRep:
    I was honestly mesmerised by her acting [and Jean's was very good as well].

I lol'd at Ronnie though, that was :lolwut:.

ReputationRep:
    At least the Ronnie **** will get rid of Joel, the most useless character in the history or the programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    At least the Ronnie **** will get rid of Joel, the most useless character in the history or the programme.
    :no:
    I believe that's Syd! :p: But yeah, Joel is up there. He's like a middle aged Bradley but without the endearing...ness Bradley has.

On other EE news... Syed-Amira spoiler wedding photos have been released.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://tv.sky.com/eastenders-spoilers-syed-amiras-wedding
    I'm heartbroken. Again! I was hopng the wedding wouldn't happen. I need Christian and Syed to get married! Or better yet Syed can marry me! :p:

They both look so unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Syd, I hope Bradley leaves her stranded at the airport and comes back to help Stacey.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched last night's episode. I actually cried!

Syd is an horrendous character - she is completely selfish and is dragging Bradley away from his family [inc. his Grandad who is still recovering from a stroke!] so she can live her dream. Their relationship seems so incredibly weak that hopefully he will see sense and not go to Canada with her.

EE do some things very well and I think that applies to the Stacey break down. Especially with Jean - it is heartbreaking. Reminds me a little of the Joe Wicks story line [mmm Paul Nicholls!]...

ReputationRep:
    Last night's ep was great although i haven't watch EE much lately. Great acting my Lacey she's absolutely great. Can someone please confirm that the little girl stacey kept on seeing was actually in her head?. EE are actually handling this storyline very well and are doing good job of making people more aware of the disorder.
    Thank god Joel is gone, he got what he deserved, who the hell leaves his wife and kids to be with some random girl from the past. As much I didn't like Ronnie's behaviour since Dan's death I'm interest to see in where they take her next given what happen to Samantha's father not long ago.

ReputationRep:
    So... did we love or hate Friday's climax then? I personally thought it was ridiculous. Sectioning a patient is often emotional but no way as over the top and silly as the writers portrayed it. Plus - the police always guard the front door in reality so Stacey's escape was unrealistic.

I just feel the writers have sort of...betrayed those who actually have the disorder. I know someone with bi-polar disorder from university and whilst she did have many of the symptoms such as being impulsive and often going off the radar for days on end she does not resemble Stacey in any way. It's as though the writers have mixed up several diagnosis of mentally ill patients and blended them together in some sort of terrible fusion.

Instead of trying to highlight the plight of the mentally ill Eastenders have made it into a joke for entertainment purposes by grossly overexaggerating Stacey's condition. Shame on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undiscovery)
    So... did we love or hate Friday's climax then? I personally thought it was ridiculous. Sectioning a patient is often emotional but no way as over the top and silly as the writers portrayed it. Plus - the police always guard the front door in reality so Stacey's escape was unrealistic.

I just feel the writers have sort of...betrayed those who actually have the disorder. I know someone with bi-polar disorder from university and whilst she did have many of the symptoms such as being impulsive and often going off the radar for days on end she does not resemble Stacey in any way. It's as though the writers have mixed up several diagnosis of mentally ill patients and blended them together in some sort of terrible fusion.

Instead of trying to highlight the plight of the mentally ill Eastenders have made it into a joke for entertainment purposes by grossly overexaggerating Stacey's condition. Shame on them.
    I must be subscribed to two EE threads, the other thread was saying what a good episode it was.

Whereas the person you know may not have experienced those symptoms or displayed that behaviour I also have known people with the condition and although it's not an everyday behaviour they have experienced those emotional highs, lows and hysteria Stacy portrayed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    I must be subscribed to two EE threads, the other thread was saying what a good episode it was.

Whereas the person you know may not have experienced those symptoms or displayed that behaviour I also have known people with the condition and although it's not an everyday behaviour they have experienced those emotional highs, lows and hysteria Stacy portrayed.
    Oh this thread is the one sort of... criticising Eastenders at the moment.

It wasn't hysteria is was melodrama.

ReputationRep:
    I do! After today I'm 98% sure it's Lucy. Or Tamwar!
    And Syed... this emoticon just sums him up :coma:
    He's so gorgeous!
    Just look at this! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ose13/cs15.png
    And I like Christian! :mad: I will not have any Christian insults lol, though I'll admit he is a bit old. I like him and Syed together.
    The doctor is a sleeze and I don't actually find him hot in the slightest! :p:
    I can't stand the sight of Christian. He's just an awful, awful actor, watching him makes me literally cringe. I can't believe he won sexiest male at the NTA's, what is wrong with the world?!?

ReputationRep:
    when was NTA on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    when was NTA on?
    Jan 2010 not sure the exact date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I can't stand the sight of Christian. He's just an awful, awful actor, watching him makes me literally cringe. I can't believe he won sexiest male at the NTA's, what is wrong with the world?!?
    It was actually Inside Soaps, NTA is not untill Jan next year so the world might be fine after all if he doesnt win :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maligurl)
    It was actually Inside Soaps, NTA is not untill Jan next year so the world might be fine after all if he doesnt win :p:
    Ah well, that's ok then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.