Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RIISE)
    Oh no, poor Kat, she must've been bleeding a lot.
    Some of her placenta is still in her!

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Poor Alfie. Did you hear what he just said? I bet he is going to blame himself now...

ReputationRep:
    Poor Ronnie

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting angry. Stupid ****ers that live on the square

ReputationRep:
    Ohh no Ronnie, don't do what I think you're going to do!

ReputationRep:
    OMG eastenders is twisted. Thats some sick stuff.

ReputationRep:
    This show really annoys me. But it keeps pulling me back for more

ReputationRep:
    Omg

ReputationRep:
    Ronnie sneaking into the pub during the countdown was disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    Its quite obvious Ronnie won't keep the baby for long considering the amount of people that have seen the two children.

Whatever happens, I don't there's anything they could do with Ronnie after this. Have her mope around square & sleep around to get pregnant again?

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sorry for Ronnie! When is she ever going to get a happy ending...?

Only problem with this storyline is how believable the baby swap thing is? Would mothers/parents really do this in times of desperation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)

Only problem with this storyline is how believable the baby swap thing is? Would mothers/parents really do this in times of desperation?
    I wouldn't even call it desperation. She's clearly somewhat mentally unstable (probably from Archie abusing her as a child and then her daughter dying last year (forget her name)) and this cot death has unhinged her so she's not thinking normally.

ReputationRep:
    Good point! No wonder...she's had an awful life.

Her daughter was called Danielle (but she was born, Ronnie called her Amy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)

There were cases in which it happened. There was interview with one of the EE writers who lost his son to cot death & it was his wife's reaction to want to hold an alive baby that bought up the idea for this storyline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of_the_hook)
    There were cases in which it happened. There was interview with one of the EE writers who lost his son to cot death & it was his wife's reaction to want to hold an alive baby that bought up the idea for this storyline
    Christ, that's horrible. I think EE were pretty brave to go for the cot death storyline to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Wow her last line was disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Wow her last line was disturbing.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of_the_hook)

Aww poor her...that's really sad

ReputationRep:
    It's good they are higlighting cot deaths and as much as I sympathize with that, but in years to come, what will people remember about the storyline? The fact that Ronnie's kid died via a cot death or that she swapped the baby for Kat's? Without doubt it's the latter so the genuine motives from the script writers to focus on a cot death is completely blown out of the water by the swap which people will remember the most about the angle.

Ronnie's character is depressing, she'll probably have a breakdown if she had a splinter! She seems that weak mentally. The actress who plays her must feel depressed with the negativity her character has compared to Roxy.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I do hear that the reveal scenes have been done so that should be broadcast before Xmas which is good because it really would have been pushing boundaries if they intended to drag it on till Xmas and beyond

ReputationRep:
    Have you noticed now that after every episode of Eastenders there is that help line "if you have been affected"....just proves how depressing it all is :cry:. Poor Ronnie, she has been through too much! Give her a break!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.