Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Is anyone EVER going to find out about Phil and Shirley's money and where it came from?! :confused:
    Nah, Roxy was won over by the 'we're famleeeeeeeee I would never do that' speech Phil gave her.

Ronnie had her suspicions but I think she's occupied with other stuff now...

Glenda knows but couldn't really care less... and if she opens her mouth she'll land herself in trouble aswell.

(Original post by snowyowl)
    I suppose that must be it. I miss Jean now that Stacey's gone
    I think they should have just let her move on with her life instead of having a breakdown and then being admitted to a psych ward or something. Poor Jean

(Original post by mel0n)
    Is anyone EVER going to find out about Phil and Shirley's money and where it came from?! :confused:
    I was wondering about this as well but I'm really confused about is how they managed to put down a deposit on a house like that (in London), kit it out with flat screens and consoles all with £20, 000? That stolen jewellery must be bringing in some extra cash. To be honest, now Ronnie's off their scent I think they could get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Just watched last nights episode. I was wondering when someone was going to turn around and blame Charlie. Not surprising he's been axed when he's such a bad actor. Will Ronnie be found out so quickly? It won't be too hard to put 2 and 2 together. There were only 2 new borns on the square over Christmas.
    I don't think anyone will. As obviously no-one knows the babies were swapped, what happened to the baby couldn't have been prevented even if Charlie was there (as far as I know?).

It'd also be pretty ridiculous if they did start blaming, the storyline is unpleasant as it is.

Don't hold your hopes on Ronnie being found out soon... while there's reports that it will be revealed in a matter of weeks there's also conflicting reports (most recently on GMTV) that the writers want to keep the storyline going for years with no mention of a reveal.

So no one really knows. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    I don't think anyone will. As obviously no-one knows the babies were swapped, what happened to the baby couldn't have been prevented even if Charlie was there (as far as I know?).

It'd also be pretty ridiculous if they did start blaming, the storyline is unpleasant as it is.

Don't hold your hopes on Ronnie being found out soon... while there's reports that it will be revealed in a matter of weeks there's also conflicting reports (most recently on GMTV) that the writers want to keep the storyline going for years with no mention of a reveal.

So no one really knows. :erm:
    If Charlie was there Ronnie would never have been able to get in the same room alone with Tommy to make the swap. I guess everyone may start to make excuses for Kat saying that's not her baby, like grief, depression or whatever but I think it'd be weird for Kat to admit she's not thinking straight because she is such a strong character and it would feel like a complete U turn on what she's normally like.

ReputationRep:
    If Charlie was there Ronnie would never have been able to get in the same room alone with Tommy to make the swap. I guess everyone may start to make excuses for Kat saying that's not her baby, like grief, depression or whatever but I think it'd be weird for Kat to admit she's not thinking straight because she is such a strong character and it would feel like a complete U turn on what she's normally like.
    That's what I'm saying - as no-one is aware the babies were swapped Charlie has nothing to be blamed for in everyones eyes.

... and yeah that's exactly what they do, I don't think anyone believes her.

ReputationRep:
    With regards the baby being left unattended, I think that was odd...
    Even when you have a baby at home, you are usually taken into hospital to be checked over - both mother and baby. Yet Kat seemed to have not been to hospital at all when she started bleeding again... :/
    Ditto, why was Ronnie released from hospital a matter of hours after giving birth? Especially when she had no one to help her at home?

I don't like this story line. I don't think it is very believable nor necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday she said the baby wasn't hers...

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm saying - as no-one is aware the babies were swapped Charlie has nothing to be blamed for in everyones eyes.

That was the impression I got. I'd like to think Alfie would recognise the baby though - I know it wasn't his, but he had held it etc.

You'd think they could do a simple DNA test as part of the postmortem or something, at Kat's insistence. I dunno, this story just doesn't work for me. :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she does, I read it in a magazine.

*spoiler*

ReputationRep:
    I really hope she will. However just by saying the baby is hers doesnt mean anyone will check, they might just presume she is in denial, and Ronnies weird behaviour might just be put down to post-natal depression. Unless Kat demands a DNA test or something, the chances of the truth coming out this way are unlikely. I really wish the truth would out though, I find this storyline too cruel.

ReputationRep:
    Course she will. It is Eastenders...

ReputationRep:
    What Ronnie did

edit: why would anyone neg me for that? You're just depressed because your grammar sucks big wet cockney ****

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, it's just a matter of when and how she finds out.

ReputationRep:
    Of course. It could take ages but it'll come out eventually. Eastenders won't pass up an opportunity for more drama.

ReputationRep:
    Well, obviously. Knowing Eastenders, though, they'll drag this storyline on for as long as possible until we all forget that the babies were even switched.

ReputationRep:

Everyone thinks Tommy is dead and considering Charlie was supposed to be looking after him, he might have been able to do something to prevent the death (ringing an ambulance for example). He SHOULD have been keeping an eye on Tommy but instead he was getting drunk downstairs, so by what Mo said to him, he wasn't doing what he said he would do.

That's probably a very incoherent argument but hopefully it's somewhat understandable!

ReputationRep:
    Wow I've missed so much of EE...When did Peggy leave? When did Alfie & Kat return? Just watched the Christmas - new year episodes. Is Alfie the baby's father?

ReputationRep:
    she'll find out, but I agree, its a very uncomfortable storyline.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone thinks Tommy is dead and considering Charlie was supposed to be looking after him, he might have been able to do something to prevent the death (ringing an ambulance for example). He SHOULD have been keeping an eye on Tommy but instead he was getting drunk downstairs, so by what Mo said to him, he wasn't doing what he said he would do.

That's probably a very incoherent argument but hopefully it's somewhat understandable!
    I see what you're saying ... this could perhaps lead to his departure (he was one of the people to leave, from what I remember). Though considering his time on the soap it wouldn't be the best way to write him out.

(Original post by $TUPID_hEAD)
    Wow I've missed so much of EE...When did Peggy leave? When did Alfie & Kat return? Just watched the Christmas - new year episodes. Is Alfie the baby's father?
    :zomg: - AGES AGO! ... so you missed the whole Phil on crack storyline aswell?

Nah, it's not his, it's some other guys. She was planning on running away with him at one point aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Omg just remembered its not Alfie's! ^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.