Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    On GMTV tomorrow Charlie is going to be on talking about his departure from EastEnders! He's also on Mastermind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Good for her anyway, giving her depressing story lines non stop loses its drama and appeal. I loved Ronnie as a character at first and slowly her blonde, sparkling, happy self was ripped apart bit by bit, day by day. One drama after another, each one darker and more depressing. Now its got too dark and deep for me. Wasn't suffering years of mental, verbal, physical AND sexual abuse from her father enough? jack nearly dead? Jack condemned to never walk? her sister hating her? pathetic excuse of a mother? losing her long lost child TWICE! suffering a miscarriage? Jack sleeping and having a baby with her sister? Seeing her sister inherit millions of pounds... and then waste it? her father murdered? gaining a brother and losing a brother? (where did he go? ha)

Now she loses a third baby and then swaps it with a woman's baby who she had a loving growing friendship with...

MY EYES ARE BLEEDING!
    :rofl: my eyes are bleeding!

Gosh...just reading that post about Ronnie makes me feel horrible...they need to give her a break...its amazing that she can manage to get out of bed in the morning after all of that. It's too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello.)
    tanya's hair is really bugging me! looks like she just got out of bed! the first time i thought it was because she was too excited to see the house or something, but it's just getting worse and worse!
    :unimpressed: I know! Tanya looks like an orange fur ball! She used to look so classy...

ReputationRep:
    ''Samantha Womack's agent has dismissed suggestions that the actress's decision to leave EastEnders was influenced by her current baby swap storyline.''

FULL STORY

Samantha Womack's agent has dismissed suggestions that the actress's decision to leave EastEnders was influenced by her current baby swap storyline.

Earlier today, a newspaper reported that the star had resigned in protest last November upon receiving the initial script for the plot, which has seen her character Ronnie Branning switch her dead son with Kat Moon's (Jessie Wallace) newborn baby.

However, Womack's representative Michael Wiggs has insisted that that the current speculation surrounding her decision is untrue.

In a statement, Wiggs explained: "There's no truth whatsoever in any suggestion that Sam is 'quitting' EastEnders over the current storyline. Sam's contract comes to a natural end later this year and she will be taking a break from the show - this has been agreed with the producers for several months.

"Sam has had an incredibly happy and fulfilling time on EastEnders over the last few years. She has huge respect for the show, writers and producers and has thoroughly enjoyed playing such a complex role that has been involved in so many tough and challenging storylines."

John Yorke, Controller of BBC Drama, added: "Sam is a much loved member of the cast, who has consistently given truthful and brilliant performances as Ronnie Branning. When she leaves at the end of this storyline, she'll be much missed - and the door will be open for her return."

Meanwhile, an EastEnders spokesperson said: "The current storyline allows an exit for Ronnie Branning. Samantha Womack has been a major part of the show's success in recent years and she will continue to work with us until her departure later this year."
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...plot-rows.html

ReputationRep:
    Good on Samantha. I couldn't even watch those episodes and I'm no brooch baby lover

ReputationRep:
    Baby death plot to be shortened

It shows how ludicrous the writers are as originally as I thought they would, they were planning to run it through the year. But other things (Womack leaving, complaints) probably changed their mind. Womack's decision to leave must have been vindicated by the absurdity of the current angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    ''Samantha Womack's agent has dismissed suggestions that the actress's decision to leave EastEnders was influenced by her current baby swap storyline.''
    She's hardly going to it was the storyline that made her leave, she's still got to work for EE for another 3/4 months. I doubt she quit as early as October, why would BK say he wanted the storyline to for a long time knowing Sam was leaving in May I'm not saying this storyline made her quit but it influenced her decision.

Anyone else find the reaction to this storyline over the top? I can't believe it's made it to BBC News :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Mastemind - Charlie is on it, now! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of_the_hook)
    She's hardly going to it was the storyline that made her leave, she's still got to work for EE for another 3/4 months. I doubt she quit as early as October, why would BK say he wanted the storyline to for a long time knowing Sam was leaving in May I'm not saying this storyline made her quit but it influenced her decision.

Anyone else find the reaction to this storyline over the top? I can't believe it's made it to BBC News :eek:
    It's made loads of news channels, it was also on the radio and in pretty much all newspapers! :indiff: - it seems to be a big deal. I suppose it is the most watched soap on TV and it's getting more on more complaints and with the news of Ronnie leaving it's gained even more attention now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :unimpressed: I know! Tanya looks like an orange fur ball! She used to look so classy...
    exactly! looks like a mop now

ReputationRep:
    Kind of glad Charlie is getting his comeuppance.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed that the doors on the queen vic are back to front?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Kind of glad Charlie is getting his comeuppance.
    Leave him alone

ReputationRep:
    Oh I felt so bad for Charlie, obviously he was partly to blame, but it was so sad

They even said on BBC news that the recent storyline has received many complaints.

ReputationRep:
    Another joke near miss with Ronnie

Lol at Kat at the end, sounded like my neighbour

The new Ben is "interesting".

For the next month, they're just going to find new ways to extend the baby storyline. Like I didn't realise that Kat didn't know Charlie wasn't around, I just assumed she was told. So that story takes up 2 days. Then probably another week to get back results of the autopsy. Maybe a few more probing questions about the differences in medical records of the babies. Then more questions will be asked from Jack, Max, Roxy etc. in the coming month. And so on. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Leave him alone
    His a bit of a idiot isn't it he? a nice and well meaning one, but an idiot nevertheless.

ReputationRep:
    The baby-swap storyline is apparently being cut short after having received about 6000 complaints

Also, slight spoiler about someone leaving EE:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Samantha Womack had decided to leave EE. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a296250/womack-quits-eastenders-over-cot-death-plot.html - states it's because of the cot death storyline

but then another article published after it states that the source there is wrong and she is leaving but not because of that: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a296395/womack-agent-denies-enders-plot-rows.html

but from the wording 'when she leaves after this storyline' suggests that it might just be this storyline that actually is the reason she leaves?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    The baby-swap storyline is apparently being cut short after having received about 6000 complaints

Spoiler:
    Show
    Samantha Womack had decided to leave EE. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a296250/womack-quits-eastenders-over-cot-death-plot.html - states it's because of the cot death storyline

but then another article published after it states that the source there is wrong and she is leaving but not because of that: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a296395/womack-agent-denies-enders-plot-rows.html

but from the wording 'when she leaves after this storyline' suggests that it might just be this storyline that actually is the reason she leaves?!
    It was just on the Five News and the way it sounded was that she left because of the storyline. Looks like it won't go on for 2 years+.

ReputationRep:
    Lets get rid of BK and get new producer on the show Wonder what they'll do with Roxy now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    Err, I can't imagine EE without her I hate this story line but I liked Ronnie and all the ice queen, Danielle drama. It's going to be so odd :emo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.