Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    I have a question.

Okay, so no one knows about the baby swap yet, but... everyone can see something's not right with her, so... are they not going to get her some professional help? Get her diagnosed with post-natal depression or something?

Well Jack surprisingly called a mid-wife who didn't seem to think she had PND but both Jack and Roxy are thick as **** and wouldn't notice something was really wrong until the very last minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Err, I can't imagine EE without her I hate this story line but I liked Ronnie and all the ice queen, Danielle drama. It's going to be so odd :emo:
    I like her too! Hopefully she'll return at some point and it's just a temporary break :dontknow:

(Original post by Roobsa)
    It was just on the Five News and the way it sounded was that she left because of the storyline. Looks like it won't go on for 2 years+.
    Yeah that's what the first DS article is saying but the second one has quotes from her 'agent' saying that it isn't because of that. Which one is most likely to be true, I've no idea :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Someone actually went through that other door in the caff!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    That was deep on Ronnie when she just walked out with the baby and coincidentally Kat was walking past and she saw her with the baby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duck and Cover)
    :eek: Someone actually went through that other door in the caff!!!!!
    I've never even noticed that door before lol.

ReputationRep:
    Todays episode was so meh.
    So glad they've cut this stupid stoyline short, but even so
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it's still going to go on for another month or so :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Well Jack surprisingly called a mid-wife who didn't seem to think she had PND but both Jack and Roxy are thick as **** and wouldn't notice something was really wrong until the very last minute.
    The fact that Jack is supposed to be this "dodgy" ex copper always makes me laugh cos he hasn't got clue most of the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    Todays episode was so meh.
    So glad they've cut this stupid stoyline short, but even so
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it's still going to go on for another month or so :/
    I thought it was continuing till March/April :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of_the_hook)
    Not confirmed yet. 'Couple of months' according to - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...cut-short.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of_the_hook)
    Oh yeah. I'm tired hehe.
    Either way, it's months not weeks! I cba with this storyline anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not against the storyline, I think the swap definitely overshadowed the main issue of cot death
    I'll be shouting at the tv for quite a while now, so much dramatic irony to drive me mad.
    but c'mon, all these complaints...it's an extreme storyline yeah but it's eastenders, so much drama can not happen in one little place and expect to be realistic. And you know, a lot of sick crap happens in reality like baby snatching, so two issues highlighted

ReputationRep:
    BTW has anyone noticed Jack, Christian and another I think suffering from a deflating problem, you see they breath heavily giving off the impression they are deflating. Anyone else noticed?

Phil is the biggest sufferer of deflation

ReputationRep:
    haha love it

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it could last more than a couple of months :erm: I'm not entirely sure but:

Spoiler:
    Show
    one of them articles said 'when she leaves after this storyline' and I THINK one of the two also said that she will be leaving at the end of this year - so if it's because of this storyline that she's leaving then does that mean it's going to carry on till the end of the year?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Perhaps it could last more than a couple of months :erm: I'm not entirely sure but:

Spoiler:
    Show
    one of them articles said 'when she leaves after this storyline' and I THINK one of the two also said that she will be leaving at the end of this year - so if it's because of this storyline that she's leaving then does that mean it's going to carry on till the end of the year?!
    It's unlikely they'll string it out for that long. Considering the amount of bad press coverage it's getting as well the complaints piling in, I think it would be in there own interest to be done with this.

Anything can happen though, as we have seen.

ReputationRep:
    SPOILER for those who want to know when the storyline ends, possibly.

Spoiler:
    Show
    EastEnders' controversial baby swap storyline could reach its conclusion by April, reports have claimed.

Bosses at the BBC soap are thought to be changing their plans for the plot following a backlash which has seen almost 6,000 viewers lodge official complaints to the corporation.

The storyline - which began on New Year's Eve - has focused on Ronnie Branning's (Samantha Womack) decision to secretly switch her dead son with Kat Moon's (Jessie Wallace) newborn child after losing her baby to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

According to The Mirror today, the plotline was originally due to run until Christmas, but "several scenes" have now been cut and rewrites are currently taking place, allowing a "happy ending" to air within the next few months.

A Walford source told the newspaper: "We have listened to what people have said and taken on board the complaints and are now rescheduling things and working on the final scripts. It is important that we listen to viewers, because it is their soap after all.

"Filming will be done in the next few weeks and the storyline will end this spring, possibly by April."

It is alleged that the changes resulted from an emergency meeting which took place at EastEnders yesterday following the controversy.

CLICK HERE (DS LINK)

ReputationRep:
    I'm outraged at the reaction to the storyline not the storyline itself. Especially after reading that Samamtha Wommack has been verbally abused while with her children over it.

First of all while I understand it may invoke ill feelings in some people who have lost a child to SIDS they need to realize that it's just a TV show at the end of the day and nobody is forcing them to watch the show.

Secondly the hypocrisy is annoying me when they say that it's insensitive and they should consider the feelings of those who have gone through it. When people get murdered in soaps all of these people [the ones complaining] gossip about it excitedly about their friends. What about the families of people who have had loved ones murder and or raped? They don't care at all.

And lastly the argument that the baby swapping was a step too far should only serve to reinforce the fact that it's a fictional TV show. I mean it's extraordinary and something 99% of people wouldn't do in that situation so how they make a connection between that and themselves is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    SPOILER for those who want to know when the storyline ends, possibly.

Spoiler:
    Show
    EastEnders' controversial baby swap storyline could reach its conclusion by April, reports have claimed.

Bosses at the BBC soap are thought to be changing their plans for the plot following a backlash which has seen almost 6,000 viewers lodge official complaints to the corporation.

The storyline - which began on New Year's Eve - has focused on Ronnie Branning's (Samantha Womack) decision to secretly switch her dead son with Kat Moon's (Jessie Wallace) newborn child after losing her baby to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

According to The Mirror today, the plotline was originally due to run until Christmas, but "several scenes" have now been cut and rewrites are currently taking place, allowing a "happy ending" to air within the next few months.

A Walford source told the newspaper: "We have listened to what people have said and taken on board the complaints and are now rescheduling things and working on the final scripts. It is important that we listen to viewers, because it is their soap after all.

"Filming will be done in the next few weeks and the storyline will end this spring, possibly by April."

It is alleged that the changes resulted from an emergency meeting which took place at EastEnders yesterday following the controversy.

CLICK HERE (DS LINK)
    So reports and sources claiming that the ending had already been filmed could have actually been false :erm: seeing as scenes filmed are usually broadcast about 4-8 weeks later.

Till Christmas!! ****. It would have been a Christmas reveal :erm: Although the new plans still mean that it'll still drag on for well.. quite a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    So reports and sources claiming that the ending had already been filmed could have actually been false :erm: seeing as scenes filmed are usually broadcast about 4-8 weeks later.

Till Christmas!! ****. It would have been a Christmas reveal :erm: Although the new plans still mean that it'll still drag on for well.. quite a while.
    It's been confirmed now - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...end-early.html

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.