The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The long scenes with Ian and Phil were so boring, though quite funny when Ian was crying and being like Phil.

I appreciated the other scenes - minus Heather ones, far more entertaining.
Reply 6381
Original post by Roobsa
The main story tonight was Ian finding Phil having a heart attack after Phil's secret meetup with Glenda and subsequently finding out about their affair. Ian was being a massive douche by not calling an ambulance (though one came and Ian turned them away) and Phil was basically dying. Ben came home after getting beaten up and really opened up to Shirley but Ian overheard their conversation after leaving Phil alone to die but had a change of heart and took Phil to hospital in the end.

They touched on the Christian/Syed/Roxy surrogate mother thing and the Janine/Ryan/Whitney relationship. And Heather was being disgusting and ill as per usual.

Damn, sounded like a great episode.

Cheers.
Original post by n1r4v
Damn, sounded like a great episode.

Cheers.

bbc.co.uk/iplayer
Reply 6383
Original post by morris743
bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Lol, I can't, can't play media, no sound, mega slow etc. Virus.
Original post by n1r4v
Lol, I can't, can't play media, no sound, mega slow etc. Virus.

:eek: :frown: have you been to tech forum? :smile:
Ian is such a rat. I don't know if it's just me, but this episode kinda flopped. In theory it should have been brilliant but it was a bit..meh :/ It didn't make me think :eek:
I dunno why Ian Beale is getting so much stick. After everything he's been through with Phil, he still finally did the right thing for Ben's sake.
Original post by n1r4v
Hai guise :h:

Basically I can't watch EE because of major computer problems. Could someone give me brief bullet points on what happened yesterday and today, cheers.

Yesterday's ep
- Syed decided he didn't want a baby and changed his mind when Christian said Roxy can take the morning after pill.
- Phil made Ian beg him and forced him to kiss his shoe to keep quite about Ian's affair with Glenda.
- Jack started working with Max & Darren and left Darren feeling pushed out with his relaunch idea of the car lot as the "Branning Brothers". Max asked Darren to post some invitations to clients for the relaunch but he rip them up instead.
- Ian came to the club and found Phil and Glenda together.
- Heather went around the whole square coughing over everyone.

So to sum it up, nothing really happened.
Original post by Hooovan*
Ian is such a rat. I don't know if it's just me, but this episode kinda flopped. In theory it should have been brilliant but it was a bit..meh :/ It didn't make me think :eek:

I agree, the episode wasn't good at all. The best part of the episode was Shirley and Jane's meeting with the teacher. Shirley is so much better on her own than playing house with Phil.

I think its about time Phil flushed Ian's head down the toilet again.
Original post by Hooovan*

Is it just me who thinks the most interesting thing would be for Phil to be reformed for a while - at least a week lol - and see him try to change into a different person. Nice, happy, unrecognisable from what he was. Then ages after, something goes wrong and comes back to haunt him. Welcome back, Phil Mitchell. :biggrin:
Original post by diamonddust
I agree with you on the main points of your post but why do people always think Syed's spineless? Because I know if I was forced to choose between my family and the person I love, I wouldn't know where to begin to choose either. People say Syed kept flip flopping but to be fair to him, he told Christian all along he was going to marry Amira, it's only towards the end of his marriage that he promised Christian he'd tell his parents and then he didn't and Christian (rightly) got annoyed and pulled down the wallpaper and started the reveal.

Syed was a bit 'Dont come near me' and then 'I don't want to not have you in my life' which was confusing but he never SAID he'd do anything other than be with Amira despite knowing he was gay and loves Christian. The only reason Syed married Amira was because he didn't want to cause his PARENTS shame, I don't think sacrificing your personal happiness for your family is spineless, I think it's entirely misguided especially when your parents dont care about your happiness and are hypocritical like Zainab and Masood but people seem to forget Syed always tried to do the 'right' thing. It's just doing the right thing is rather difficult when you're being pulled in all directions. I wouldn't want to be in Syed's situation a year ago. But yeah, Syed= not spineless. Unless I'm the only one who remembers him shouting at his dad over the hotel situation with Jane...
I understand why he didn't tell Christian, he always tries to please other people and he wants Christian to be happy so he's not saying anything- wrong in my book.
Aw well, at least tomorrow

Spoiler

Sorry for the essay! I tend to get a bit defensive of fictional Syed!

LOL
Hes a hot asian. how can you not!? really like syed even though his personality can be a little dry sometimes.
Is it just me who thinks the most interesting thing would be for Phil to be reformed for a while - at least a week lol - and see him try to change into a different person. Nice, happy, unrecognisable from what he was. Then ages after, something goes wrong and comes back to haunt him. Welcome back, Phil Mitchell. :biggrin:

That'd actually be a good idea. As I don't think even the writer know where they are going with him. He's nowhere near the type of hardcore gangster he used to be in his prime. Now he's just some petty prick who steals from his own family and sells dodgy jewellery and car parts.

They should make him 'nicer', he can never be nice, it's just his character. Then introduce some gangster onto the square who's a threat to him and he goes back to his old ways.
I've never really understood Darren. He's supposed to be 20 but he's more like 30 or 40. Why would he want to go and celebrate his birthday with a man, and just this one man, who could be his dad? Does he have no friends of his own age that he has to celebrate with his employer?

And his accent annoys me so much too.
Original post by cactussed
I've never really understood Darren. He's supposed to be 20 but he's more like 30 or 40. Why would he want to go and celebrate his birthday with a man, and just this one man, who could be his dad? Does he have no friends of his own age that he has to celebrate with his employer?

And his accent annoys me so much too.

He has a family. They were all in EastEnders for quite a while but they left. He decided to stay.
Reply 6394
I think Phil would have done the same to Ian if it was vice versa, but because it's slightly more out of character for Ian than it would be for Phil to do it, it seems all the more worse. Ian is such a rat, nevertheless :colonhash:
Reply 6395
Tommy/James is so fat
Original post by mel0n
I think Phil would have done the same to Ian

No I would not. Watch your mouth.
Reply 6397
Original post by Mitchell, Phil
No I would not. Watch your mouth.

I think you're gonna be a Phil fail. Ian's dupe is pretty Ian-ey at least :colonhash: and yes I've gathered that all from one post
Reply 6398
they all die next week.

xoxoxoxooxoxoxox

:ahee:

Either that or they should bring another gangster to the square who puts Phil in his place..like Johnny Allen or someone. Or is he dead? I dunno. Either way, I agree it would be nice to see a reformed Phil! Probably won't happen though :rolleyes:

Original post by mel0n
Tommy/James is so fat

lol random. Babies are meant to be fat, they're cuter when they're fat!

Latest