The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eastenders is going down the drain! Bring back the who shot Phil days!
...although sadly I can't say that I'll stop watching it
Original post by morris743
This is just shockingly boring. Did the writers go for a pub lunch? No, pub lunches would provide FAR better material than this. I'm just waiting for Harry Hill to turn up, tbh.

Yeah, I don't know what they're thinking. I have a sneaky suspicion they had planned a lot more air time for the baby swap saga but were pressured to cancel that so came up with this drivel instead.

Like the single worse EastEnders scene ever was the one between Jodie and that friend of hers having the silliest conversation on the day of Tommy's funeral, my mum and I were watching that thinking wtf, and it emerged that they put it last minute instead of other funeral scenes they had planned.

So judging by the quality of this storyline, I reckon it's the same thing.
Despite everyone saying this is boring, I find it really sad... awww Heather :frown:
Being shallow and thanking mercies (not the character) for Jodie scenes.
Original post by i.am.lost
Yeah, I don't know what they're thinking. I have a sneaky suspicion they had planned a lot more air time for the baby swap saga but were pressured to cancel that so came up with this drivel instead.

Like the single worse EastEnders scene ever was the one between Jodie and that friend of hers having the silliest conversation on the day of Tommy's funeral, my mum and I were watching that thinking wtf, and it emerged that they put it last minute instead of other funeral scenes they had planned.

I think you're definitely onto something! So my blame now goes towards The Daily Mail. Grrr.
Original post by penguin-
Eastenders is going down the drain! Bring back the who shot Phil days!
...although sadly I can't say that I'll stop watching it

EastEnders is at its best when there are lots of gangsters around. It was properly exciting back then, now it's so humdrum.
Well that was a weird ep :lolwut:
Original post by Ears
Isn't this exciting.
P.s I have never ever seen someone ask for money on the tube :tongue:

Someone once bizarrely asked me if they could use my Oyster card. I'm not even sure how that would have worked :lolwut:
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
Despite everyone saying this is boring, I find it really sad... awww Heather :frown:

Yeh it might be sad, but it is also boring. I hear enough sad things happening in real life. Heather is a terrible character. Not the fault of the actor, the fault of the people in charge. Not that this episode is the exception to the rule recently, I've gone off most of the cast on the basis of the episodes been put out since late last year. Stacey's exit was the last one mildly resembling a decent outing.

True.
I'm still really curious about how they're going to sort out the baby situation, especially as Alfie and Kat are separated(ish) ? Is Ronnie just going to hand the baby back!?
Original post by secretmessages
Well that was a weird ep :lolwut:

Ya, almost felt like a half hour advert. For Patrick's shop, possibly. But definitely not an episode of Eastenders.
Did the cameraman have a thing for obese feet in that episode or something? How many times!
EastEnders is at its best when there are lots of gangsters around. It was properly exciting back then, now it's so humdrum.

Definitely :yep:

I think Grant and Peggy will be back on the plane from Portugal soon...this is what EE does in times of need lol The Mitchells are the saving grace. Apart from Sam, obviously.
Original post by penguin-
True.
I'm still really curious about how they're going to sort out the baby situation, especially as Alfie and Kat are separated(ish) ? Is Ronnie just going to hand the baby back!?

If I know EastEnders as well as I do, someone will figure it out using a blatant giveaway clue that Ronnie leaves lying around haphazardly then runs to the Vic and announces it to the rest of the square. I just hope it's Jack so we see more of his fine acting skills :biggrin:
Original post by The Stig
Did the cameraman have a thing for obese feet in that episode or something? How many times!

In defence of cameramen, I think directors generally call the shots :wink:
Someone once bizarrely asked me if they could use my Oyster card. I'm not even sure how that would have worked :lolwut:

Easy. They'd be home free. You'd be arrested.
Reply 6537
Stacey was always my favourite :frown:
Original post by morris743
I think Grant and Peggy will be back on the plane from Portugal soon...this is what EE does in times of need lol The Mitchells are the saving grace. Apart from Sam, obviously.

I'd quite like to see Chrissie make her way back to the square. But there aren't any Watts around so she'd be out of place I guess.
Original post by Ears
Stacey was always my favourite :frown:

I couldn't stand her most of the time, then was strangely sad when she left lol I think Lacey was great at playing her though.

Latest

Trending

Trending