Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    Rita Simons is as ditsy as Roxy it seems. "It is her money." Money that she received through doing absolutely nothing. Hardly "her money" is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Rita Simons is as ditsy as Roxy it seems. "It is her money." Money that she received through doing absolutely nothing. Hardly "her money" is it?
    Well yeah, it is still her money.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Please, PLEASE let Kat and Alfie get back together. They're the best.

Hate Kat so much. Big Mo's hair :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    That was the least dramatic duff duff ever, I suppose it tops the boiler zooms! For some reason Shirley really got on my wick going on at Darren... Like he could just leave his child with someone who can't even look after herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Does anyone else find it pretty funny that Roxy is always without a man and now it's the second time where she's suddenly slept with two men in the same week, gets pregnant, and we have to endure a 'whose baby is it' storyline?
    Who did she sleep with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    Who did she sleep with?
    This time Michael and Christian (via turkey baster anyway).

Last time, Jack and Sean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    That was the least dramatic duff duff ever, I suppose it tops the boiler zooms! For some reason Shirley really got on my wick going on at Darren... Like he could just leave his child with someone who can't even look after herself.
    Heather and Shirley crossing the road = pure drama. Can barely wait till the next episode.

Wouldn't the coroner's report mention anything about the club foot? This storyline gets more ridiculous every episode. Why did they have to cut out more Ronnie's scenes?

ReputationRep:
    The alternative is leaving it with a pair of muppets, heather just going through tough times, yeah the boiler was a serious issue but it can happen to anyone really. Darren and jodie are complete idiots, jodie just scares me when she talks the writers have taken it too far with her, darren has trouble looking after the baby for a day how the **** is he going to cope.

EE is so ****ing predictable and **** these days, is it me or is kats acting really bad, when her and alfie were talking on the bench i was gob smacked by how bad it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brushless-man)
    The alternative is leaving it with a pair of muppets, heather just going through tough times, yeah the boiler was a serious issue but it can happen to anyone really. Darren and jodie are complete idiots, jodie just scares me when she talks the writers have taken it too far with her, darren has trouble looking after the baby for a day how the **** is he going to cope.

EE is so ****ing predictable and **** these days, is it me or is kats acting really bad, when her and alfie were talking on the bench i was gob smacked by how bad it was.
    I think it was the squalor in her environment that was the problem. That, and the fact despite several income streams she seemingly couldn't even keep economy food on the table.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was the squalor in her environment that was the problem. That, and the fact despite several income streams she seemingly couldn't even keep economy food on the table.
    I thought it was carbon monoxide? flat wasnt massively dirty. Heather is ****ing annoying though 2 jobs as well as benefits, yeah its tough with money but when you reject free honest food from a mate but steal things from your mates it makes no sense. EE have really messed it up with heathers storyline makes no sense what so ever so you dont really for sorry for her money problem. Also am annoyed that heather is angry with shirley for not hand feeding her, yeah she not been the bestest of mates, but she still gave heather a job, shirley not exactly sitting around all day shes doing stuff.

But still the baby is better off with heather than darren and jodie they are a joke, plus heather theres mum, darren not really ever been there for the baby.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was carbon monoxide? flat wasnt massively dirty. Heather is ****ing annoying though 2 jobs as well as benefits, yeah its tough with money but when you reject free honest food from a mate but steal things from your mates it makes no sense. EE have really messed it up with heathers storyline makes no sense what so ever so you dont really for sorry for her money problem. Also am annoyed that heather is angry with shirley for not hand feeding her, yeah she not been the bestest of mates, but she still gave heather a job, shirley not exactly sitting around all day shes doing stuff.

But still the baby is better off with heather than darren and jodie they are a joke, plus heather theres mum, darren not really ever been there for the baby.
    I get what you're saying but if I was in Darren's position there is no way in hell I'd let my baby go back with Heather till she's sorted herself out with a decent permanent place to live and money to feed and clothe my son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    I get what you're saying but if I was in Darren's position there is no way in hell I'd let my baby go back with Heather till she's sorted herself out with a decent permanent place to live and money to feed and clothe my son.
    Agree

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else enjoy EastEnders this week? I thought the Heather centric episode on Tuesday night was fantastic.

I've found EastEnders very hit and miss lately, but episodes like these where the focus is on a certain character or family always manages to deliver to a high standard.

I just loved the focus being on Heather. Throughout, I became frustrated with her then I just felt sorry for her. I loved how we saw her struggle from her point of view. The exchanges with Jane, Dot, Jodie and Shirley just felt so real and like everyday life.

The scene with Carol and Heather on the steps was absolutely superb too. I loved how Carol's anger towards Heather was challenged by Jane and Billy. We got a real sense of community with Billy and Jane looking out for her. The community aspect didn't feel forced at all. I loved how Carol's anger turned to softness as well, with her telling Heather about the time when she left Bianca alone in a shop. Some excellent writing last night.

I loved the scene on the tube as well. It just added to the realism.

I loved how the episode just focused on an issue that has affected most of us in our lives. It wasn't like an episode with a sensationalist reveal we couldn't relate too.

Heather feels like a genuine character you'd meet in real life and that's why she's one of my favourite characters on EastEnders. She brings out many emotions in me - I feel frustrated by her extreme kindness, I feel angry with her as she remains reliant on Shirley being there for her all the time, but then I feel so much sympathy with her situation as well.

It's without a doubt my favourite episode since Billie's death. This is what EastEnders should deliver more of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daveywavey)
    Did anyone else enjoy EastEnders this week? I thought the Heather centric episode on Tuesday night was fantastic.

I've found EastEnders very hit and miss lately, but episodes like these where the focus is on a certain character or family always manages to deliver to a high standard.

I just loved the focus being on Heather. Throughout, I became frustrated with her then I just felt sorry for her. I loved how we saw her struggle from her point of view. The exchanges with Jane, Dot, Jodie and Shirley just felt so real and like everyday life.

The scene with Carol and Heather on the steps was absolutely superb too. I loved how Carol's anger towards Heather was challenged by Jane and Billy. We got a real sense of community with Billy and Jane looking out for her. The community aspect didn't feel forced at all. I loved how Carol's anger turned to softness as well, with her telling Heather about the time when she left Bianca alone in a shop. Some excellent writing last night.

I loved the scene on the tube as well. It just added to the realism.

I loved how the episode just focused on an issue that has affected most of us in our lives. It wasn't like an episode with a sensationalist reveal we couldn't relate too.

Heather feels like a genuine character you'd meet in real life and that's why she's one of my favourite characters on EastEnders. She brings out many emotions in me - I feel frustrated by her extreme kindness, I feel angry with her as she remains reliant on Shirley being there for her all the time, but then I feel so much sympathy with her situation as well.

It's without a doubt my favourite episode since Billie's death. This is what EastEnders should deliver more of.
    What issue are you referring to? :confused:

ReputationRep:

Didn't she turn down the free food because she didn't want people to know she was struggling? :dontknow: A lot of people seem to do that, struggle rather admit they need help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Didn't she turn down the free food because she didn't want people to know she was struggling? :dontknow: A lot of people seem to do that, struggle rather admit they need help.
    Yeah, but the storyline makes no sense as she is ready to steal but no accept free food plus billy was just doing a nice gesture i wouldnt say its charity. When patrick gave her a bonus she put the money back in the till but how is patrick meant to know she put it back in so it means she is doing it for her self respect but then she has a go at shirley for not spoon feeding her again making no sense what so ever. Like most EE storylines it makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think pride should really come into when you have a baby...it's not just herself that she has to think about, it's George, who is completely reliant on her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    I don't think pride should really come into when you have a baby...it's not just herself that she has to think about, it's George, who is completely reliant on her!
    This. I couldn't believe when she got the £20, the first thing she did was buy box of chocolate for Dot and Jim Shouln't her kid come first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of_the_hook)
    This. I couldn't believe when she got the £20, the first thing she did was buy box of chocolate for Dot and Jim Shouln't her kid come first?
    I know! I despair at Heather at the moment!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.