Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    I caught up on eastenders, peak times man.

It has to be said, shirley's attempt at crying was just terrible. They could have given tear gas or something to make it more believable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :holmes: Upcoming storyline spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a308044/roof-collapse-to-rock-enders-family.html
    That should be interesting. It may reunite the family?

ReputationRep:
    Was there no EE tonight? This thread doesn't seem to say so lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Was there no EE tonight? This thread doesn't seem to say so lol
    Yeah there was!
    Quote of the night:
    Shirley: What have I got left Hev?
    Heather: You've got me!
    Shirley: I mean something of VALUE. :rolleyes:

(Original post by morris743)
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Shirley is over reacting, I mean lets be real, her vs glenda? Phil's a man, can't blame him for wanting to tap something better.

ReputationRep:
    Episode was quite funny haha!! Favourite moments:

Max saying abi looks like she has two black eyes :rofl2:
    Max talking about women's monthly periods and saying they'd be dead if it was that bad :ninja:
    Tiffany saying 'my mum's a celeb fashion designed', the other girl saying 'where is she then' and Big Mo saying 'she's locked up' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Maybe he's been taking acting lessons from the guy who plays Yusuf, every time Yusuf speaks I have to lean in to the TV to hear him. It's like he thinks life is one big game of Chinese whispers.
    Yeah also not forgetting that Jack seems to deflate after every sentence, delivering a deep sigh all the fricking time.

But yeah, in terms of beauty, why Phil would ditch Glenda for Shirley is a mystery? Some of the sights my eyes see with Shirley (the too much leg, and the downsides of her physique) make me want to puke. Glenda was a real babe, and she's passed it onto her screen daughters, Ronnie's stunning.

Anyways, anyone notice Mo being in two places at the same time? One minute she's speeding off from the cafe, and speeding into the upstairs in the Vic, then back out, then back in the Vic, awful editing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    :holmes: Upcoming storyline spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a308044/roof-collapse-to-rock-enders-family.html
    :love: I love them! About time they were at the forefront again!

ReputationRep:
    max was brilliant in todays episode :adore:

ReputationRep:
    I lol when he puts "princess" Abi in her place :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)

Anyways, anyone notice Mo being in two places at the same time? One minute she's speeding off from the cafe, and speeding into the upstairs in the Vic, then back out, then back in the Vic, awful editing.
    Yeah I noticed this, it's so rare on TV that that actually happens!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    max was brilliant in todays episode :adore:
    He's a g! I'm like that when I'm older

ReputationRep:
    Max should be a life coach.

ReputationRep:
    Glenda is not a blood relative of Phill and is not his auntie. Archie is his uncle and that's it. Some people call their uncle and aunties partners uncle and aunties. But I suspect most don't, including myself. Why have characters refer her as one? Does Eastenders want an incest storyline? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Some people call their uncle and aunties partners uncle and aunties. But I suspect most don't,
    I'm pretty sure at least 90% of people DO. And that's why they call her his aunt. Because she is, even if they're not blood related.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Glenda is not a blood relative of Phill and is not his auntie. Archie is his uncle and that's it. Some people call their uncle and aunties partners uncle and aunties. But I suspect most don't, including myself. Why have characters refer her as one? Does Eastenders want an incest storyline? :rolleyes:
    I think most people do though, the only "uncle" I don't call an uncle is one of my aunt's husbands as they got married when I was 15 so I wasn't brought up with him being there.
    So it's not an incest storyline they're doing as such, but it's still weird!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    I'm pretty sure at least 90% of people DO. And that's why they call her his aunt. Because she is, even if they're not blood related.

:rolleyes:

Exactly. Glenda is his aunty by marriage. I thought most people recognised that.

Some people do call family friends 'aunty' or 'uncle' but that is not the case with this storyline...

I thought Shirley was a bit harsh at the end, not for Phil's sake but for Ben's. It isn't fair on Ben if Phil goes back to using... Other than that though, I do love having the focus on Shirley. It makes me want to go back and watch Bad Girls to see her playing the wonderful Yvonne again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Exactly. Glenda is his aunty by marriage. I thought most people recognised that.

Some people do call family friends 'aunty' or 'uncle' but that is not the case with this storyline...

I thought Shirley was a bit harsh at the end, not for Phil's sake but for Ben's. It isn't fair on Ben if Phil goes back to using... Other than that though, I do love having the focus on Shirley. It makes me want to go back and watch Bad Girls to see her playing the wonderful Yvonne again.
    Yvonne was amazing, it was so sad when they killed her off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Yvonne was amazing, it was so sad when they killed her off
    Ditto! I think she formed part of the peak of Bad Girls - when we had Nicki Wade, Helen Stewart, Denny Blood and Yvonne.

*Tries to think of a link back to EE*
    Oo, I think it is good that her character has much more weight and stronger storylines than the ex-Bad Girl Julie had [she played Gary's mum a while back].

I agree with the comments about Max too. He is amazing. I love his one-liners lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duck and Cover)
    I think most people do though, the only "uncle" I don't call an uncle is one of my aunt's husbands as they got married when I was 15 so I wasn't brought up with him being there.
    So it's not an incest storyline they're doing as such, but it's still weird!
    Interesting, I've not met anyone personally who does that. Oh well, still I think anyone who isn't blood related or an immediate step-family are fair game.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.