• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACDC)
    No, not really, it's an indian/pakistani wedding ritual:[/url]
    Er, just because it's a ritual it doesn't mean she's weird?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    lool the shock of the crowd was due to the fact he slept with heather not the fact he got a chick preg.

Yeah that's what's shocking to me too:wtf:
    HEATHER? + DARREN?
    lawl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I wonder how Libby found out?! :shock:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Well Heather probs told, she couldn't stand lying continuously.
    I missed at the start of the second episode but I thought Libby overheard Shirly & Hev talking in the toilet in the first episode tonight

ReputationRep:
    WHY ARE ALL THE HOT ONES GAY??

GRR

(Original post by ACDC)
    No, not really, it's an indian/pakistani wedding ritual:
    Hmm, at my dad's wedding he wore his tightest shoes and one of my stepmum's sisters sat in between his legs to try and get them off to avail. THERE.
    he still had to pay them though :/

ReputationRep:
    Eastenders has been AWESOME this holiday period. Was like watching an looong car crash tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Er, you said she was weird because of what she was doing with Syed's shoe, not that she was just just weird. If you think that she's weird, that's fine, but make that clear in your posts. She wouldn't be weird for taking Syed's shoe though, like you said in your previous post, as it's a wedding tradition.

ReputationRep:
    lool the shock of the crowd was due to the fact he slept with heather not the fact he got a chick preg.
    That whole storyline is just so farfetched, I can't help laughing everytime it's brought up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACDC)
    Er, you said she was weird because of what she was doing with Syed's shoe, not that she was just just weird. If you think that she's weird, that's fine, but make that clear in your posts. She wouldn't be weird for taking Syed's shoe though, like you said in your previous post, as it's a wedding tradition.
    The shoe ritual is weird, along with the girl who did it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACDC)
    That whole storyline is just so farfetched, I can't help laughing everytime it's brought up.
    so tru lol, the whole ep was like a comedy and Tamwar was too funny.

ReputationRep:
    so tru lol, the whole ep was like a comedy and Tamwar was too funny.
    Shirley and 'Eva will go down as one of the all time great comedy pairings. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The shoe ritual is weird, along with the girl who did it. :rolleyes:
    It looks like you could probs do with learning about other cultures then. You'll be in for a real shocker! 'Cause the majority of their habits and rituals arent the same as the ones your used to. Let's hope if you ever do decide to broaden your horizons you won't come back on TSR and proclaim the rest of the world to be weird too

ReputationRep:
    what happens with the gay storyline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    what happens with the gay storyline?
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...ds-future.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACDC)
    It looks like you could probs do with learning about other cultures then. You'll be in for a real shocker! 'Cause the majority of their habits and rituals arent the same as the ones your used to. Let's hope if you ever do decide to broaden your horizons you won't come back on TSR and proclaim the rest of the world to be weird too
    Well, no, not really. I don't mind learning about other cultures, and i'm entitled to comment on what I think about their rituals. If I think some of them are funny or weird i'll say it, and if I think some are nice and really good i'll say that too.

Nice one for putting words into my mouth, ey? Didn't suggest the rest of the world is weird.

ReputationRep:
    Well, no, not really. I don't mind learning about other cultures, and i'm entitled to comment on what I think about their rituals. If I think some of them are funny or weird i'll say it, and if I think some are nice and really good i'll say that too.

Nice one for putting words into my mouth, ey? Didn't suggest the rest of the world is weird.
    Noone was putting words in to your mouth, read what I said properly. And considering your reaction to a ritual which is pretty tame, to say the least, I dont think it would be too farfetched a prediction.

And to almost be proclaiming that two countries are weird for a ritual that is perfectly normal to them, kinda shows you up as the weird one, in a funny twisted kinda way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACDC)
    And to almost be proclaiming that two countries are weird for a ritual that is perfectly normal to them, kinda shows you up as the weird one, in a funny twisted kinda way.
    Here we go again. Putting words into my mouth. When did I say a country was weird? I said one ritual was weird. We probably have some 'rituals' here that are weird to them, who cares.

I'm not going to argue any more over the internet in a topic labelled Eastenders, it's quite pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Here we go again. Putting words into my mouth. When did I say a country was weird? I said one ritual was weird. We probably have some 'rituals' here that are weird to them, who cares.

I'm not going to argue any more over the internet in a topic labelled Eastenders, it's quite pointless.
    Do you understand the meaning of 'almost'? This ritual is part and parcel of these countries. If you understand that, you can see how your posts can be interpreted as such.

Anyway, you're the one who started the petty argument. You made an ignorant post, I explained to you what was going on, it could've ended there, but you continued on.

ReputationRep:
    Darren was dropped right in it!

ReputationRep:
    what the :snow::snow::snow::snow: was that weird girl doing ? taking his shoe and saying pay me? absolute weirdo.
    lol she's so annoying an lmao at tamwar when he was trying to kiss her and when she ran grabbed him into the room. But they done a nice wedding though.

ReputationRep:
    The shoe hiding isn't practised as much. Usually the groom along with his male peers (friends, cousins, brothers of his age), are stopped at the entrance of the hall, by the brides female peers. And the two sides/sexes have a little auction before he and his (grooms) family are allowed to enter the hall (it can be a little flirty too :hubba:).

Given the recent weddings i've attended, the tradition seems to be dying out. Mores the shame.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.