Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Megathread of Eastenders Watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed watching the portrayal of the wedding- i haven't been to a muslim one before and was just wandering how accurate it was? Easteders obv went 2 a lot of effort and i'm now kind of glad that the storyline hasn't yet been concluded cos we will see how Syed struggles to cope with the decision he has made....the truth will eventually come out

ReputationRep:
    What was the punjabi song, where all the freshies started dancing etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    I enjoyed watching the portrayal of the wedding- i haven't been to a muslim one before and was just wandering how accurate it was? Easteders obv went 2 a lot of effort and i'm now kind of glad that the storyline hasn't yet been concluded cos we will see how Syed struggles to cope with the decision he has made....the truth will eventually come out
    to be honest it seems quite accurate of a punjabi/pakistani type weddin
    Not muslim as such such...
    the nikah cermoney seemed a bit waterd down and the molvi made me laugh when his like " bang the drums" when there walking from the square was funny either way..

Those rituals etc are common.. very common

I really liked the wedding part of it but seemed a bit too bollywood? and maybe a bit too much OTT
    I wanna find out what venue they used thou to shoot the wedding it seemed lovely! like a house!

as for the storyline... will be intresting to see how syed strugles but i hope when it does come out.. amira some how understands and they stay together..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeko)
    as for the storyline... will be intresting to see how syed strugles but i hope when it does come out.. amira some how understands and they stay together..
    I always wish for endings like that! Like with Danielle and Ronnie. and Peggie to finally have a nice life! For billy and whatever her name was to stay together.

But eastenders just likes ruining all there lives lmao.

Amira will probably just go mad and end up putting him in hospital and it will just escalate or something from there!

ReputationRep:
    http://bbc.co.uk/i/pl744/?t=31m20s
    We have done it all, and he LOVED it. LMAO :sexface:

The BNP must have loved Thursday's and Friday's episodes.

ReputationRep:
    The wedding didn't seem too accurate to me, but then that's probably because the Muslims I know don't invite any non-Muslims along, so I guess the first inaccuracy would be that they invited people from outside their own community. I'm also pretty unsure about what Eastenders want us to think about Sayeds homosexuality; are we supposed to be gunning for him to lose everything for his sexuality, or are we just supposed to be horrified by how Muslims treat homosexuals, or are we supposed to hate Christian for the way he is behaving? I think in real life Sayed would have killed himself or done a runner faced with a similar situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    http://bbc.co.uk/i/pl744/?t=31m20s
    We have done it all, and he LOVED it. LMAO :sexface:
    Haha, that line made me sort of.. cringe. :sexface:

As for some of the rituals being talked about, tbh, I think some of them are more.. Indian than Pakistani.

And the Imam thing, you don't normally have loads of people sat around whilst the Imam asks the bride and groom to do the muslim version of the 'I do' three times. It's usually done a bit more privately.

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit bored of the wedding after five minutes, but then BAM! with the ending with Libby and Darren. Although it was sort of obvious that it would have been Libby/one of her family that was in the toilets with Heather and Shirley when she overheard them, I thought it would be dragged on for months as it usually is with EE so I didn't see it coming at the end when she blurted it out - brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeko)
    :confused: you want syed & Amira to stay together?
    (Original post by JakeM)
    I always wish for endings like that! Like with Danielle and Ronnie.
    Amira will probably just go mad and end up putting him in hospital and it will just escalate or something from there!
    The ending of that storyline was perfect imo, couldn't stand Danielle at all so I think Archie, Janine & everyone else who can be blamed for her death did us a favour :p:
    Amira should have a chat with Tanya, she knows how to deal with cheaters.....:cool:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    The BNP must have loved Thursday's and Friday's episodes.
    so true
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    The wedding didn't seem too accurate to me, but then that's probably because the Muslims I know don't invite any non-Muslims along, so I guess the first inaccuracy would be that they invited people from outside their own community. I'm also pretty unsure about what Eastenders want us to think about Sayeds homosexuality; are we supposed to be gunning for him to lose everything for his sexuality, or are we just supposed to be horrified by how Muslims treat homosexuals, or are we supposed to hate Christian for the way he is behaving? I think in real life Sayed would have killed himself or done a runner faced with a similar situation.
    That's not true, there were alot of non-muslims at my brother's wedding, it just depends on your social group . I agree with the rest of your post, I'm unsure about the reaction they expecting tbh although I did find myself HATING christian more and more as the storyline developed. Can't wait till Feb, apparently thats when Amira finds out :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i have to tell you people that wedding eastenders did from asian family it not really what muslim do it really indian thing. It so stupid it make english people think muslim do some kind of stuff like that which is not right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    i have to tell you people that wedding eastenders did from asian family it not really what muslim do it really indian thing. It so stupid it make english people think muslim do some kind of stuff like that which is not right.
    Ah, you're making out as if it was TOTALLY inaccurate. It wasn't. There were some things that they did that don't happen in a lot of Pakistani / Muslim weddings, but it wasn't ALL inaccurate. =\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I was a bit bored of the wedding after five minutes, but then BAM! with the ending with Libby and Darren. Although it was sort of obvious that it would have been Libby/one of her family that was in the toilets with Heather and Shirley when she overheard them, I thought it would be dragged on for months as it usually is with EE so I didn't see it coming at the end when she blurted it out - brilliant!
    ...Someone was in the toilets at the same time?! I didn't notice! :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Ah, you're making out as if it was TOTALLY inaccurate. It wasn't. There were some things that they did that don't happen in a lot of Pakistani / Muslim weddings, but it wasn't ALL inaccurate. =\
    Some of it was just over the top though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Some of it was just over the top though.
    Like which bit? The main thing I thought was over the top was the groom dancing like that on the Mehndi day and also the whole dancing down the street thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Like which bit? The main thing I thought was over the top was the groom dancing like that on the Mehndi day and also the whole dancing down the street thing.
    Yea mainly the dancing on the mehndi day, trying to make it look like some movie scene. The riding the horse in the square?! like many people do that and all the other little bits; makes it look more like a wedding from 'Bollywood' than a Muslim - Asian wedding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosePetal)
    Yea mainly the dancing on the mehndi day, trying to make it look like some movie scene. The riding the horse in the square?! like many people do that and all the other little bits; makes it look more like a wedding from 'Bollywood' than a Muslim - Asian wedding.
    I see what you mean, but maybe you're forgetting that weddings have a lot of culture entwined into them? Syed on the horse was maybe a bit excessive, but I've known of weddings where the bride and groom have had a horse and carriage. Maybe not the groom on a horse, but nevertheless the use of horses. :dontknow: I'd say the wedding wasn't a true reflection, but wasn't a poor reflection either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I see what you mean, but maybe you're forgetting that weddings have a lot of culture entwined into them? Syed on the horse was maybe a bit excessive, but I've known of weddings where the bride and groom have had a horse and carriage. Maybe not the groom on a horse, but nevertheless the use of horses. :dontknow: I'd say the wedding wasn't a true reflection, but wasn't a poor reflection either.
    lol, yea the horses and carriage are common to weddings. Meh,to me it was too much culture and less of a religious aspect to it.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say the wedding was one of the best episodes ever. Way better than the average wedding on EE. Makes a nice change to see something different. Wasn't quite sure about the horse though, think that was a step to far imo. Wanted to join in with the dancing at one point, lol. Brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    I have to say the wedding was one of the best episodes ever. Way better than the average wedding on EE. Makes a nice change to see something different. Wasn't quite sure about the horse though, think that was a step to far imo. Wanted to join in with the dancing at one point, lol. Brilliant!
    why is your rep grey?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.