Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Megathread of Eastenders watch

• View Poll Results: Better Sam?
    Kim
    87.50%
    Daniella
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    I got a feeling (BEP :love: ) that tamwar has either withdrawn his application from ucas OR just didnt get in.

one or the other.. all i know is that he confides in amira

ReputationRep:
    I don't watch Eastenders and I never will :p: but I'm interested by someone's mentioning of Oxford. Didn't I hear once that both Oxford and Cambridge were paying the top soaps to include characters that get into Oxbridge in the program, to make them seem more accessible to the "lower classes"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    I got a feeling (BEP :love: ) that tamwar has either withdrawn his application from ucas OR just didnt get in.

one or the other.. all i know is that he confides in amira
    Lol at the BEP reference. I think he's decided to go into comedy like he did the standup acts before, so he's not going uni.

ReputationRep:
    can i say eastenders was so good but then year by year it got crap, i stopped watching eastenders about 2-3 weeks ago and my gosh there are so many other soap/dramas that are better. eastenders is like a drug you just cant stop, but once you get out of the system its all good from there. i know its totally of topic but eastenders is too predictable these days, its was amazing with grant in it without him it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Eastenders getting so old and boring now, but i think libby got a level and tamward might fail lol/

ReputationRep:
    I think it's stupid the fact that some parents compete with each other through their kids' grades, like what Zainab and Denise are doing. Despite this is fiction it's sad the fact that some parents do this in real life. It'll only make their sons/daughters feel more under pressure plus it's a very childish thing to do when parents act like this. Sorry if i'm ranting lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    can i say eastenders was so good but then year by year it got crap, i stopped watching eastenders about 2-3 weeks ago and my gosh there are so many other soap/dramas that are better. eastenders is like a drug you just cant stop, but once you get out of the system its all good from there. i know its totally of topic but eastenders is too predictable these days, its was amazing with grant in it without him it sucks.
    Init lol there is other soap is so much better then Eastenders, but i just hope eastenders go downhill soon and out of business.

ReputationRep:
    I think he got his A's and whatever because he's really clever. He just didn't want to go there so widthdrew his application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Eastenders getting so old and boring now, but i think libby got a level and tamward might fail lol/
    Yeeah I got the feeling Tamwar failed, first of all he didn't say how he did in the exams he just shrugged and popped the results in his pocket. Plus he seemed v anxious afterwards and didnt want to "celebrate"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    HELLO EVER HEARD OF SPOILERS:mad:
    You went into a thread only 2 minutes older titled 'Who Watched Eastenders!!!!' and wasn't expecting it to be about today's episode of Eastenders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You went into a thread only 2 minutes older titled 'Who Watched Eastenders!!!!' and wasn't expecting it to be about today's episode of Eastenders?

:moon:

i was just angry i'd missed tonights episode tbh...:p:

ReputationRep:
    Tamwar's mum: "And then you can drive down every weekend from Oxford....and see me!!'

-Look of sheer horror on Tamwar's face-

ReputationRep:
    Who remembers the very first Sims on the PC?

Tamwar has always reminded me of a Sims kid.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha I admit though that I did end up feeling sorry form Tamwars mum when she was crying in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masderchef)
    Who remembers the very first Sims on the PC?

Tamwar has always reminded me of a Sims kid.
    lmfao oh yeah! There is one with the same hair and glasses as Tamwar lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znh)
    Tamwar's mother and Libby's mother were both cocky and arrogant... on one episode Tam's mother goes 'we are going to have a nice celebetory dinner for his results' but Libby's mother says really arrogantly that 'we are going to a restaurant' (the Arjee Barjee or Fargo's I wonder lol)
    Yeah but privately Denise said to Libby "it's not the end of the world if you don't get into Oxford is it?" and something like "I'm proud of you no matter what happens" whereas Tamwar's mum didn't say that, she was just banging on about Oxford to him which is why he felt the need to hide his results. When it showed both mothers' behaviour that morning, I knew Libby was going to come off better because of her supportive family and the journey they went through etc.

ReputationRep:
    yeah what's up with tamwar??? he must have got into Oxford. if not it would be pretty stupid to lie if he didn't get the grades. or maybe he just doesn't want to go. it was obvious libby was going to get in lol

ReputationRep:
    This whole storyline has been riddled with mistakes about the university application system. I guess they didn't really bother researching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    I think one of them should have failed. It's too predictable that both got in and got the grades and it's highly annoying lol. They should have at least had another student involved who went to a lesser ranking uni or something, to make people in real life feel better haha.

I hope one of them drops out, if they both end up with firsts in their degree then I will not be impressed- it doesn't happen that way.
    Tamwar didn't get his grades, but I think he will go on a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Yeah but privately Denise said to Libby "it's not the end of the world if you don't get into Oxford is it?" and something like "I'm proud of you no matter what happens" whereas Tamwar's mum didn't say that, she was just banging on about Oxford to him which is why he felt the need to hide his results. When it showed both mothers' behaviour that morning, I knew Libby was going to come off better because of her supportive family and the journey they went through etc.
    I have literally just watched the episode and I see what you mean!

Why is Tamwar being so secretive? Do you think he hasn't got the grades?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.