Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applied for 2nd year of student finance online..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am sure it stated that it doesn't need my parents information again etc..

but now that i've completed the online form it says this:

Status Awaiting Further Information

Application Pend Reason • We are waiting for information from your parent, spouse or partner

????? I am confused lol

ReputationRep:
    Could it be that for the first year my parents filled in the paper form for the support application and now they want them to do it online??

ReputationRep:
    Your parents still need to complete a PFF2 form, just to confirm the information currently held is still correct.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I ticked that my parents want to complete any forms online, so i'm assuming if I click on:

Parents or Spouse/Partner Application Support
    2009/10 Support an Application <<<<

that should be the PFF2 form my parents need to fill out?

Also, it says "If you are providing your details to support a student’s application for the first time you will need the student’s ALIAS ID".....this is the second time, but the first time online...so my parents need to enter that ALIAS ID in too?

ReputationRep:
    That's correct. PFF2 is the equivalent paper form. They will need to enter the alias ID again, just to correctly link you up.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...my parents just entered the Alias ID, my date of birth etc...then clicked "Add"...then it says:

The entered Alias ID or Date of birth is incorrect.

what's up with that lol (i'm sure it's correct)

ReputationRep:
    I'm hearing that a lot as an error. If you call 08456 077 577 between 8am and 8pm tomorrow they can link it up for you though.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, had same problems as OP. So then they sent parent's application by paper in the post. I filled that in, only for it to come back with all the 'pre-printed' information incorrect. i called them upo and said cross it out and write in the correct info (I mean what was the point?!) So this was all like a month ago and I still haven't heard back from them?! My status still says 'Awaiting Further Information'. Urgh, anyone else have the same problem and does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Is yours through Student Finance England or the LEA?

2nd years apply direct to a local education authority, not the centralised scheme. LEA's can also process a lot quicker, with less staff.

ReputationRep:
    Right I contacted 08456 077 577 and for some reason my status changed to "assessed" today instead of "Awaiting Further Information". That's weird..because my parents haven't sent/done any online forms etc...so that means it was just a bug or something?....?? The guy on the phone told me I just need to wait for some letter then they need my signatures on a form to send back to them or something..

So what I don't get is...why did it say yesterday that it required information from my parents etc..?....and now it doesn't (the status says assessed)...? lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.