Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever consider having an arranged marriage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Say, your parents matched you up with another person?

ReputationRep:
    My parents do not know the type of guys I like. Thus, they will find me a poor match.

ReputationRep:
    No because sometimes I look back at photo albums of me being younger and think "What were my parents thinking when they made me wear this?!"... I don't wanna look back at mywedding photos and think "What were my parents thinking when they made me marry this?!". Basically, my parents haven't a clue on my taste of things.

ReputationRep:
    Almost happend to me but i had the choice of rejection so i took it. in retrospect perhaps it wouldn't of been so bad - rich guy *but that's not the main point*

ReputationRep:
    My parents did but I would never have one

ReputationRep:
    I'd be intrigued in who they chose for me. I'd keep an open mind, but wouldn't like it if it was all forced.

ReputationRep:
    Only if my parents arrange it with the most reputable hooker from Las Vegas. With those credentials, you just know she'll be a bombshell in bed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parfait-ego)
    Almost happend to me but i had the choice of rejection so i took it. in retrospect perhaps it wouldn't of been so bad - rich guy *but that's not the main point*
    It's not all about money. How can you be with a guy you see/have nothing for?

To answer the question, I don't think I will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    It's not all about money. How can you be with a guy you see/have nothing for?

To answer the question, I think not.

im so confused with what your asking or telling me..

ReputationRep:
    Er. NO.

ReputationRep:
    im so confused with what your asking or telling me..
    I'm just basically emphasising the point made in your post. Regardless of how rich the guy is, if you have no feelings for him, then there is little point in marrying him.

ReputationRep:
    no way, i'd rather remain single!

ReputationRep:
    No. Not that they would ever dream of arranging one, but still.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just basically emphasising the point made in your post. Regardless of how rich the guy is, if you have no feelings for him, then there is little point in marrying him.
    oh im sorry, i didnt see your edited version :p: but yes thats exactly what im saying.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    My parents did but I would never have one
    This

ReputationRep:
    oh im sorry, i didnt see your edited version :p: but yes thats exactly what im saying.
    You made the right choice. :p:

ReputationRep:
    What about the divorce settlement ?

ReputationRep:
    Only if I was a 50 year old unmarried woman with lots of cats... with cat outfits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Say, your parents matched you up with another person?
    Actually, can he be a billionaire? A hot billionaire :coma:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.