Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you ever consider having an arranged marriage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    no way, only muslims do that (no offence)

ReputationRep:
    Noooo no no no.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if it were "arranged" by a cupid

No, not really. I'd meet them, but I'd definitely not commit like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    What about the divorce settlement ?
    True, very true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    no offence taken... but there's a difference between religion and culture.
    not all muslims believe in arranged marriages, i'm muslim, yet my parents don't believe in arranged marriages.... and not all people from arranged marriages are muslims....

ReputationRep:
    I would normally think no way, but for some reason it doesn't sound that bad, it's not like it would be forced, just assisted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Actually, can he be a billionaire? A hot billionaire :coma:
    No offence but what makes you think that a "hot billionaire" would even consider you?

PS: Don't tell me that you were joking (often used as an excuse). :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's do with culture more than religion, mate.

ReputationRep:
    yes i would even though i'd prefer not to..i don't think that because it's arranged it won't work out..

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    I would normally think no way, but for some reason it doesn't sound that bad, it's not like it would be forced, just assisted.
    Do you believe in euthanasia? That's assisting someone to their death, not forcing them to it.

ReputationRep:
    Last of the Timelords here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Do you believe in euthanasia? That's assisting someone to their death, not forcing them to it.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Actually, can he be a billionaire? A hot billionaire :coma:
    Well the worlds youngest billionaire is 35, so hotness may be somewhat limited.

Although saying that one of my friends was on an environmental research project with a (potential billionaire) guy who she thought was cute. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact his family owned walmart :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    No.
    Doesn't the same apply here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    Well the worlds youngest billionaire is 35, so hotness may be somewhat limited.

Although saying that one of my friends was on an environmental research project with a (potential billionaire) guy who she thought was cute. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact his family owned walmart :p:
    Of course :rolleyes: Can I meet him? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not actually. I think they'd do a pretty decent job. It's not like I'm having any luck myself ahahah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotterg5)
    I don't see why not actually. I think they'd do a pretty decent job. It's not like I'm having any luck myself ahahah.
    Yes, as a final resort. :p:

ReputationRep:
    No chance, my parents wouldn't have a clue what I'd like. Plus I'm ridiculously hard to get along with, stupidly shy and quiet and awkward so it takes a v special guy.

ReputationRep:
    wow can you be anymore narrow minded there

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.